Comprehensive MKIII Guide >> Task #1 >> Content List

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Task #1: Content List
Assigned Date: 2/1/2008
Target Completion Date: 2/8/2008 (main components and concepts)

Description:

Create a complete list of all major parts in the MKIII as well as important concepts (ie, iginition timing, oil change, whatever) By the target completion date, we should have a pretty good list of the larger main components. Hardware, etc. can be added as needed, so don't get overwhelmed trying to remember bolt sizes etc., yet.

The next post will contain a list as a starting point. You can edit the list as you need, o.r create your own

This guide will contain information related to multiple engines. Please mark parts that are not common across all engines with an appropriate tag.

My list will need tags added as well, so even if you are willing to do that, great!

Keep organization in mind, as task #2 is exactly that:

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?p=906867#post906867

Last edited:

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Head
Valve Covers​
Valve Cover Bolts​
Cams​
Cam Gears​
Valves​
Valve Springs​
Porting and Polishing​
Head Gasket
Head Bolts
S
tuds​
Block
Cylinders​
Cross Hatch​
Pistons
Piston Rings
Rods
Crankshaft
Oil Pump
Oil Squirters
Lower Timing Belt Cover​
Front
Rear​
Upper Timing Belt Cover​
Front
Rear​
Timing Belt
Timing Belt Tensioner

Drive Belts

Water Outlet Housing
Thermostat

Power Steering Pulley
Power Steering Belt
Power Steering Reservoir
Power Steering Pump
Power Steering Lines
Power Steering Rack
PPS
Non - PPS​
Power Steering Fluid (ATF)
Power Steering Maintenance

Air Conditioning Condenser
Air Conditioning Compressor
Air Conditioning Lines
Air Conditioning Refridgerant
Air Conditioning Maintenance

Electrical System
Alternator

Battery
Starter
Body Wiring Harness
Engine Wiring Harness​

ECU

Oil Pan
Exhaust Manifold
Intake Tract
Upper Intake Manifold​
Manifold Gasket​
Lower Intake Manifold​
Manifold Gasket​
Throttle Body
Air Filter
AFM
Accordion Pipe
Intercooler Piping
Intercooler
Bypass Valve​
Blow-off Valves​

ISC
Dashpot
PCV System
Coil Pack
CPS(7mgte)
Distributor(7mge)
Spark Plugs
Spark Plug Wires
Fuel Rail
Fuel Dampener
Fuel Pressure Regulator
Fuel Injectors
Cold Start Injector
J-tube
Fuel Pump

Ignition Timing

Radiator
Radiator Hoses
Overflow Bottle

Vacuum System
EGR System
Exhaust Manifold
Turbocharger
Exhaust
Turbocharger Elbow(7mgte)
Downpipe
Catalytic Converter​
Test Pipe​
Resonator
Muffler​

Suspension
Front​
Shocks​
Tems
Non-Tems​
Springs
Ball Joints
Control Arms
Swaybars
Wheels
Tires
Wheel Bearings​
Rear​
Shocks​
Tems
Non-Tems​
Springs
Swaybars
Tires
Wheels
Wheel Bearings
Differential​
Open
Limited Slip
Torsen​

Drive Shaft

Transmission
r154
a430
w58​
Subframes
Front
Rear​

Gas Tank
Gas Lines

Body
Front Bumper
Front Header Panel
Front Grille(s)
Front Signals
Front Emblems
Headlights​
Motors
Housings
Top Panel​
Fog Lights

Front Lip​
Brackets​
Front Fenders
Hood​
Windshield Nozzles​
Windshield
Doors
Trim
Targa Top
Mudflaps
Side Skirt
Rear Body
Rear Bumper
Taillights
Spoiler
Hatch
Rear Quarter Windows
Hatch Glass
Side Windows
Side-view mirrors​
Glass
Motor
Heater​

Interior
Dash​
Glove Box​
Gauge Bezel​
Gauges​
Climate Control
Ashtray
Center Bezel
Audio System
Shifter
Center Console
Steering Wheel
Gauge Switches
Climate Vents
Seats
Carpet
Door Panels
Speakers
Cargo Cover
Interior Plastics
Seat belts
Illumination​

Rear Defroster
Weatherstripping
Antenna

Last edited:

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
I thought extensively about doing it in wiki form. I don't have experience setting up or managing a wiki (though I'm sure it's not much of a learning curve). The quality of the end-product concerns me if it's done as a wiki as well.

I really want to have control of the look, feel, and function as much as possible, so I think filtering through the information as an editor will aid in the end product.

I will be exploring all possibilities this weekend. The thought had crossed my mind to do an ASP.net web application that allowed user interaction - so almost a wiki, but not quite.

Thank you for the offer of the domain. I'd really like to brand this as a SupraMania project, as it will be built off of the resources SM provides. I'll let you know if that changes.

I appreciate the input. :icon_bigg

If we can keep general discussions to the "MKIII dictionary" Sticky at the top of the page, that would be great - I'd like to keep these task threads focused strictly on the issue at hand.

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Okay do you need pics of all of this, or what? cause i will more then gladly take pics tomorrow after snowboarding.
edit i think i get it. I will take pics of a bunch of stuff tomorrow. I will try to tackle the like valve cover potion.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Eventually we will need pictures.

Right now, the tasks at hand are to review the list of components above, add to it, edit it, organize it, etc.

If we can't get through these smaller tasks, we will never get to the point we need pictures.

bowsercake

Aug 24, 2005
Irvine, Ca
You have a pretty comprehensive list.

It would be a nice to have a list of all the different connectors on the wiring harness. You have a lot of them all ready but I think you are missing the cooland sensors. You are also missing the VSVs under the Intake Manifold.

Other things are ABS, brake booster, pads, rotors. also the drums and ebrake. There are probably more things.

I really think this needs to be done in a wiki form. Possibly you could moderate it and maybe confirm changes. But I don't think that people will want to contribute to something unless it is a community effort that is for the community.

Think GNU.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
bowsercake;914286 said:

It would be a nice to have a list of all the different connectors on the wiring harness. You have a lot of them all ready but I think you are missing the cooland sensors. You are also missing the VSVs under the Intake Manifold.

Other things are ABS, brake booster, pads, rotors. also the drums and ebrake. There are probably more things.

I really think this needs to be done in a wiki form. Possibly you could moderate it and maybe confirm changes. But I don't think that people will want to contribute to something unless it is a community effort that is for the community.

Think GNU.

This is FOR and BY the community. The topic articles will be done in a wiki. The only reason I am a part of this is so that we can have an EVEN MORE USEFUL tool to organize the content that is created on the wiki. A tool that was requested BY the community.

A wiki has some drawbacks for the type of content organization and navigation that was originally intended. I am also not interested in spending my time managing/creating something like a wiki.

There already is a supra wiki (with little to no participation, I might add). This project will drive content creation for the wiki AND the comprehensive guide.

Either way, I need to get a full list of topics and determine proper organization for them, prior to creating the topic articles to be edited.

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the input. But more time and thought has been put into this than you might realize.

Telling me to think GNU is great, but as of yet, there isn't a mass collaboration that could make it work like that.

I'm sorry if I am coming off rude about this, but it seems clear to me that if this project is ever going to get off the ground, somebody needs to try to organize this effort.

As a community project, pretty much every aspect will be up for discussion. One of the tasks will be to review the site and wiki and to make suggestions for improvements. Let's talk about that when and if we get there.

-----

If you would like to discuss any other concerns about implementation, please post in the general thread linked at the top of this thread. I would like to keep the task-specific information in these threads and have all general project posts in the other (for easier reference later).

Thanks for your input.

7MGTEsup

Formerly 'Down but not out'
Jun 14, 2005
England
HEAD

Rocker covers
rocker cover gaskets
Plug gallery cover
Cam Caps
Cams
Valve shims
valve shim buckets
valve springs
collets
spring retainer
valve
valve stem seal
valve guides
valve seats
exhaust manifold studs
EGR cooler
EGR cooler gasket

Is this what your looking for a?? A complete brakedown of components??

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Down but not out;914366 said:
Is this what your looking for a?? A complete brakedown of components??

Yes, thanks!

So if anyone out there is particularly familiar with a certain area - you can contribute just like Down but not out and just give me a small section breakdown.

I haven't touched every piece on my Supra, so my list is nowhere close to complete/correct.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
bowsercake;914286 said:

I.

Does it just kill you people to pick up the factory electrical wiring diagram? It is probably one of the best tools you can have.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Nick M;914922 said:
Does it just kill you people to pick up the factory electrical wiring diagram? It is probably one of the best tools you can have.

Yes it absolutely kills people to do that.

Now that you have your answer, you can GTFO.

If you aren't contributing in a positive way, WHY WASTE YOUR TIME POSTING?????????

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
Alright maybe I was a bit harsh in the last post.

If you really want to know, I am trying to get a proper flow chart together to link new resources and old resources.

This would involve making connections from this new tool to the TSRM and EWD.

Again, if you were just being negative because you don't have the self-control to keep comments to yourself, then please don't post in this thread.

dugums

Better, Faster, Stronger
Apr 10, 2007
Chicago, IL
The plan was to start jumping off points for the content pages we are going to need. That will be based partially off these lists.

I'm thinking since we have the use of your wiki, I will try to approach this project from that angle - see if we can get some good content going there, and if so, continue with the additional things we are looking to do.

Thanks again for mentioning the wiki - I had thought about it previously, but only as a complete solution - not as a tool to create the content.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
dugums;914934 said:
Alright maybe I was a bit harsh in the last post.

If you really want to know, I am trying to get a proper flow chart together to link new resources and old resources.

This would involve making connections from this new tool to the TSRM and EWD.

Again, if you were just being negative because you don't have the self-control to keep comments to yourself, then please don't post in this thread.

That isn't a problem. For the most part, I know longer hand out free information. I do to those that are worthy, and you are not it.

CFSapper

AKA Slient_sniper
Apr 24, 2006
Chilliwack
is that list on the front up to date of what you need cause im gonna start snaping pic's here really quick

ill start with the door componats i need to get some trim off today

Frankenstien

Mar 2, 2008
Lower Mainland, B.C.
Wish I woulda read your thread earlier. I had my dash apart a few weeks ago. :3d_frown: Ah well, one of the lights in my gauge cluster went out so I've gotta rip it apart again, I can document the process with pics. Should mention I've got a JDM 1JZ-GTE so it's gonna be different. I'll start as soon as I get a replacement from Toyota. Dugums, do you want a JDM "how to replace a dash gauge light"? I can do the whole thing(I think) step by step with pics. I could do most of the dash interior stuff. Also, I did one of my fog lights last weekend, I could write that up maybe, I remember it pretty well.