Compound 7M, first and only?

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
sethron71;1716837 said:
Yes that is the medium runner manifold Dan,

The one on the hood is a short runner, I will PM you this afternoon about it.

Supra_Villan the exterior is stock, no fender modification, wheels are 18x8.5 +35 and 18x10 +30 I believe. They are TSW's powder coated satin black.

Thanks,
Seth

Sounds good :)

91supran/a

Offical BAMF!
Dec 10, 2007
Sterling, Virginia, United States
hey u can see my car in the third picture down from the meet. must say this car was beautiful i have never seen a more well thought out and executed turbo set up in my life. also did a 15-20 mile cruise after the meet to a wing place and this car sounds amazing. sounds really good when the 2 step comes online.... seth i know you remember behind the shop cause i saw your 300 yard burn out lol...

arknotts

formerly ark86
Jan 9, 2008
Ohio
So that's what has been keeping you busy :). Great work it looks amazing. Now get a vid of it up :p

sethron71

Authorized Vendor
Jul 19, 2005
Las Vegas, NV
www.SethIngham.com
Little update:
I am running 2JZ-GTE coils, but in waste spark and actually having trouble because I don't think the 2JZ-GTE box is strong enough to power 2 coils at the same time in waste spark mode.

Car will rev to redline with no miss but once the boost goes about 9PSI it misses. I have several which are cracked which is a known issue with the GTE coils. SO new coils are coming today to see if I can't get it to make some real boost!

Real weird because no sputter at <28% throttle but at wide open it has a terrible sputter. So I am thinking the coils are to blame(also 5 have cracked ears, known issue)

anyways here is a picture of a log:
p1720994_1.jpg

9PSI at 2660rpm!!!!!! This was just 5th gear 2000rpm and flooring it(no boost controller turned on which means it will spool even faster with the boost controller on due to on WG spring alone it creeps open well before 9PSI instead of popping open when the BC is turned on!!!)

Still trying to figure the best way to run the boost controllers without overlapping each other and controlling the others WG based off the manifold pressure.

Thanks,
Seth

Zach

ECUMaster USA
Apr 6, 2005
TX
sethron71;1720994 said:
Little update:
I am running 2JZ-GTE coils, but in waste spark and actually having trouble because I don't think the 2JZ-GTE box is strong enough to power 2 coils at the same time in waste spark mode.

Car will rev to redline with no miss but once the boost goes about 9PSI it misses. I have several which are cracked which is a known issue with the GTE coils. SO new coils are coming today to see if I can't get it to make some real boost!

Real weird because no sputter at <28% throttle but at wide open it has a terrible sputter. So I am thinking the coils are to blame(also 5 have cracked ears, known issue)

anyways here is a picture of a log:

9PSI at 2660rpm!!!!!! This was just 5th gear 2000rpm and flooring it(no boost controller turned on which means it will spool even faster with the boost controller on due to on WG spring alone it creeps open well before 9PSI instead of popping open when the BC is turned on!!!)

Still trying to figure the best way to run the boost controllers without overlapping each other and controlling the others WG based off the manifold pressure.

Thanks,
Seth

What plugs and gap are you running? The higher the cylinder pressure, the harder it is to light off that spark. I recommend copper plugs and running your gap down to .018 to .020.

HKS_TRD

Jul 21, 2007
Australia
How do you have the 2JZ-GTE coils mounted, did you just push each one on each plug or are you using a bracket setup similar to the 1JZ/2JZ setup for each pair of coils?

Blackdawg

Taco Soup..my rides
Oct 12, 2010
Wyoming
JESUS!!! that is sick bro!!

Your gonna have massive boost at like 2400rpms i bet when you get your EBC on. shit son.

Bad ass man.

ps i love your intakes your make!! i really want one!

akito

Keep Laughing.You're Next
Jul 31, 2006
Springfield/Va
Don't know how i missed this thread. Subscribed. I wish i can come see this. If im in the Richmond area and if you don't mind I'd like to be educated please. This is Amazing.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
sethron71;1716837 said:
The wheels are 18x8.5 +35 and 18x10 +30 I believe. They are TSW's powder coated satin black.

Thanks,
Seth
Car looks great Seth! See, I told you they would look good black! I'll help you out though. The rims are TSW 'Thruxton's, sized 18x8, 20mm, and 18x9.5, 35mm. They used to be mine, but they are on a much nastier car, than my Supra will ever be!

Nghty89

Zombie Chicks Are Hot
Mar 26, 2008
7 Cities, VA
Beautiful. Now im really mad I missed the meet. I was at my unit trying to start her at 3pm that Saturday after two all-nighters, but it just wouldn't work.

Hopefully ill see it again soon in the future. Im in Richmond every other week, maybe ill be able to make a local meet sometime.

Wonderful work, keep it up!

Droid X via Gummyjar 2.5

Beefy_Heafy

Toyota Love
Nov 9, 2009
South East Qld
just found this. Brilliant work. cant fault your fabrication skills!

really like the idea of the custom bumper support with all your bits hanging off it.