Competition Clutch

turbotrev

Goin WEEEEE on my gsxr600
Aug 7, 2006
Clinton, MO
i had one its a good clutch but i would rather use a RPS

the price is cheap and the quality is good so if its for a DD then by all means get one

if your goin for some pwr ratings go for the Stg4 its cheaper then the Stg3 and you have that little extra insurance

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
hmm arent these the new clutches and 935 sells now??
i remember seeing 2 people on here that boughtem and then later one of the guys put'em up for sale.
i prolly would try it out if i didnt purchase the HPF bronze clutch.
id prolly go with a full face out disk thats kevlar( i hear it good for clutches as well) because i dunno how streetable there 6 puck clutches are.

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
JustAnotherVictim said:
Trying to decide between this and a spec.

i say try the competition clutch and report back to us...to see if its any good.
or just get the spec 2 Kevlar full face disk and just use some other PP like the ACT.
Never really liked spec always here it blow once u get close to its Max Tq.

How much Tq u think u going to be looking at on your car?

Last edited:

935motorsports

Mar 30, 2005
San Diego, CA
SPEC vs CC we like the CC for slip-ability. For the same handling ability, the CC was much more enjoyable to drive.

We have a CC Stage 4 and a CC Stage 4 "ironman" both being used locally, so if there are any problems we will report them.

We deal directly with the manufacturer, so we can handle any issues.

On the flip side, we recently had a SPEC clutch issue with a stage 2 and they replaced the clutch no questions asked. SPEC is a pretty big company and they seem care very much about customer service.

On the power end, it is hard to say which brand would hold more power. I'd probalby have to lean towards the SPEC stage 3+.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
I have the CC Iron man clutch in my car for the last two years. It is an ACT heavy duty PP with a 6 puck sintered Iron sprung disk. It has held my 500 hp, 470 tq easilly. The pedal feel is awsome, being just a little stiffer than stock and it engages nicely. It doesnt like to be slipped much, when you slip it, like going up a steep drive way you can hear that its an agressive clutch compound and probably making a mess of the flywheel. Recently I had to make a U turn on a wet road, so I did a half donut, right after I pushed the clutch in and it didnt dissengage.........ya great, it welded the disk to the flywheel. After a minuite of thinking, I shut the car off and restarted it and luckily that was enough to pop it loose again. It shifted a little rough for about an hour afterwards, but now "seems" to be fine. I will find out soon what happened and how badly the PP and flywheel are damaged when I pull it apart.

my 2 cents.