Coming to a conclusion...

frythan

Aug 11, 2012
Clearfield Utah
After reading countless Supra classified ads, there isn't a single stock, or barely modified Supra out there. Am I just better off getting a shell and restoring it?
It would either be a MKIII or IV.

Xbl GT: IK frythan

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Yeah I saw a pretty dang nice stock non-turbo '91 for sale (on here). I almost bought it, but I picked up a re-built '89 turbo from a personal friend.

Just be patient and keep looking.

Silver MK3

Jan 24, 2011
Madison, AL
Keep looking and you will find one. I ended up having to drive two hours to Nashville, TN to get mine, but it was completely worth the wait and drive for an 87 N/A with 71k miles that was just traded in by the original owner.

frythan

Aug 11, 2012
Clearfield Utah
I think I might have found one in Ohio. Rebuilt under the hood 87 turbo. $4500, less than 5k on parts under the hood, 150k on body. Opinions?

I got my 92 for $1250 all stock had bhg and rod knock. I had been looking forever for another soup but couldnt find one cheap enough I could afford and turbo 5spd targa, and settled on an rx7. well about 2 weeks owning the rx7 I decided to look on craigs just for fun and there it was. I couldnt believe it after about 2 years of looking, i finally quit and there it was. So I gathered up the money and the trailer and got it, not the rx7 is sitting in pieces while I work on the soup instead haha

Moral of the story, stop looking and you will find what you want

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
frythan;1912301 said:
I think I might have found one in Ohio. Rebuilt under the hood 87 turbo. $4500, less than 5k on parts under the hood, 150k on body. Opinions?

You're in Utah and looking at a MK3 in Rustbelt Ohio? Really, there isn't enough information given to say whether it's worth the price. Maybe consider copying and pasting the classified ad.

If it's just a rebuilt 7M-GTE I wouldn't get that excited over it.

frythan

Aug 11, 2012
Clearfield Utah
I'm confident ill find it before summers end. There's already a few out here I could afford, it's just that they've got issues. None of which that as of now I can afford to fix.