Colorado sucks. 15 rd mag limits July 2013. Hurry and buy a full size pistol now?

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Hello gents. I'm just grabbing some random opinions to see how logical my thought process is regarding my state's unfortunate legislation changes coming this summer. We will have mag limits of 15 rounds or fewer.

Many of the pistols I had my eye on for a year plus are 16-19 round mags. MP9, XD, XDm, many other full size 9mm and even some 40sw. I've rented a few, but never taken it really seriously since I haven't been in any rush. I'm an extreme researcher and, especially with firearms, I never rush a significant purchase.

Alright enough background BS.

Am I crazy to hurry my pistol purchase to beat my state's deadline this summer which will limit my choices to 15 rd and fewer? With the grandfather clause, anything i get pre July is kosher. Are there plenty of good 15 rd and under choices out there for full size pistols that I shouldn't bother?

A full size 45 would be fine, but I'm more of an accuracy person than power. I enjoy hitting a bullseye at the range more than feeling additional recoil so I've really been eyeing full size, high capacity 9mm options.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SupraMario;1929844 said:
Honestly...I would just move from that shit hole...

Yeah... just bought a brand new house in December so... not really a great time for that. Maybe in another 5 years.

For now... I'll have to deal with my beautiful state with gorgeous weather and our retarded Democratically controlled emotion-based legislature. :(

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
suprarx7nut;1929889 said:
Yeah... just bought a brand new house in December so... not really a great time for that. Maybe in another 5 years.

For now... I'll have to deal with my beautiful state with gorgeous weather and our retarded Democratically controlled emotion-based legislature. :(

Ouch...sell it? Move? Profit? Sell it to some anti-gun nut....advertise as home in gun free state lol

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
SupraMario;1929917 said:
Ouch...sell it? Move? Profit? Sell it to some anti-gun nut....advertise as home in gun free state lol

Haha, what's actually funny is the prices for my home went up just under 10% in about 3 months. If I were to sell today I could theoretically walk away with a decent profit. Alas, my 5 year plan is a little tied into CO through work and obviously the home. Who knows, in 2014 the Colorado state legislature may look entirely different. Either that or, I'll look to other states, perhaps Idaho. I was ready to jump ship last year when I felt my job wasn't going anywhere and I interviewed with Toyota Proving Grounds in AZ. A few months later I had a rejection from Toyota, a new boss at my current work, a promotion I didn't even ask for, a big raise and a great outlook on my work. Funny how quickly all that shit can change sometimes.

Anyway, back on track, I hope Dianna Degette keeps talking. She's helping the pro-gun crowd more than she ever imagined, lol.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fbel4SASUPQ

I'm going to round up all the full size pistols I've wanted and see if I can get my hands on them at a range or at least store in the next month. If I find one I love I'll buy all the standard mags I can and buy the compliant version later this summer.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Would it be possible to circumvent this bill buy purchasing it out of state and just shipping it to your FFL?

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
jetjock;1930054 said:
Says the guy from TN...

Wait what's wrong with TN? People are moving here in droves (which I hate)....We are one of the only states that didn't get really hit with the recession...I would love to know what is wrong with TN...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
I carry a Kimber .45 ACP with 8 rnd Wilson combat mags... With one in the pipe and a spare mag I don't feel the least bit "disarmed".

But I'm still going to spread all of my 30 round AK mags out on the bed tonight and roll around on them naked just to mock you...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
jetjock;1930175 said:
^ You should get rid of that sissy pistol and get yourself a Glock ;)

It's a great place to visit. Except for Memphis where I usually am. It's a crap hole.

O yea..I forgot about Memphis and that new shit hole Mburo....yea stay away from those two shit hole cities and you will be fine.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
Supracentral;1930162 said:
I carry a Kimber .45 ACP with 8 rnd Wilson combat mags... With one in the pipe and a spare mag I don't feel the least bit "disarmed".

But I'm still going to spread all of my 30 round AK mags out on the bed tonight and roll around on them naked just to mock you...

Yeah, I know there are plenty of great 45's out there and they all fall under the 15 limit. I was hoping to get a ton of practice with smaller caliber and lower cost 9mm rounds.

At the same time though... right now virtually any handgun ammo is hard to find and/or outrageously priced. :/

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
Supracentral;1930162 said:

bwahaha... seriously though, who needs more than 7-8 rounds? .45 is downright menacing when discharged... probably only need 4 shots or less to put the fear of god in someone

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Insidious Surmiser;1930334 said:
bwahaha... seriously though, who needs more than 7-8 rounds? .45 is downright menacing when discharged... probably only need 4 shots or less to put the fear of god in someone

I think the same applies for the idea of why does someone need a car when a bicycle or horse works just as well...

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1930363 said:
I think the same applies for the idea of why does someone need a car when a bicycle or horse works just as well...

Not even close to the same thing.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1930439 said:
Why is that?

Because neither a bicycle or a horse works as well as an automobile. In order for your argument to be valid, you'd have to state that the 1911 style .45 ACP with an 8 round magazine is an unsuitable weapon for self defense compared to a 9mm with a 16 round mag. If that is your argument, I don't really know what to tell you...

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1930442 said:
Because neither a bicycle or a horse works as well as an automobile. In order for your argument to be valid, you'd have to state that the 1911 style .45 ACP with an 8 round magazine is an unsuitable weapon for self defense compared to a 9mm with a 16 round mag. If that is your argument, I don't really know what to tell you...

Quite the opposite. I was comparing that the argument of "why do we need high cap mags, when you only need one bullet" With well if you use that logic than a horse or bicycle works just as well as a car.

Supracentral

Mar 30, 2005
SupraMario;1930445 said:
Quite the opposite. I was comparing that the argument of "why do we need high cap mags, when you only need one bullet" With well if you use that logic than a horse or bicycle works just as well as a car.

I never stated we need one bullet, nor did the guy you are replying to.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
Supracentral;1930449 said:
I never stated we need one bullet, nor did the guy you are replying to.

Insidious Surmiser;1930334 said:
bwahaha... seriously though, who needs more than 7-8 rounds?

?????

That sounds like an argument that why do we need high cap mags.....You've lost me Mike...