Cold start injector needed?, or can you block it?

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
The cold start injector fuel line from it to the fuel rail blew today and I called toyota and they said they dont make it anymore so my question is ,is do i need it and if so how do i make a new line and if not how do i block it well

Setsuko37

Aug 13, 2011
Canal Winchester ohio
okay thank you ill do so but where would i find a oem one? and do you happen to know if there are certain notches for the distributor timing i cant get that right on mark because well i cant find any marks

CyFi6

Aliens.
Oct 11, 2007
Phoenix
www.google.com
Check the classified section on here, you can probably get a used OEM line for a couple bucks...

Like AJ said if you are trying to set the timing, but if you are trying to install the distributor turn the engine to #1 cylinder TDC (0 on the crankshaft pulley, and you should be able to see the nose of the cam with the oil cap off, if you cant, turn the crank another 180 back to 0 and make sure you can see the nose of the cam) then install the distributor with the rotor pointing about to where the #1 plug wire would be if the cap were on, then install the cap and adjust with the timing light and T/E1 jumped.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
CyFi6;1831225 said:
Check the classified section on here, you can probably get a used OEM line for a couple bucks...

Like AJ said if you are trying to set the timing, but if you are trying to install the distributor turn the engine to #1 cylinder TDC (0 on the crankshaft pulley, and you should be able to see the nose of the cam with the oil cap off, if you cant, turn the crank another 180 back to 0 and make sure you can see the nose of the cam) then install the distributor with the rotor pointing about to where the #1 plug wire would be if the cap were on, then install the cap and adjust with the timing light and T/E1 jumped.
Te and E1