Coilover selcection

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
I would like to attempt to drift my MkIII and this summer I will be buying a set of coilovers to replace my tired and worn stock suspension. What should I get for coilovers?
BC Racing: $1000
Powered by Max: $1000
Stance: $1250

Does anyone else have some other options? Does anyone have any experience with any of these coilovers?
Just looking for some help with this.
Thanks.

FuzzayD

Dec 14, 2011
christchurch
I have d2 coil overs i think they are the cheapest and lightest i've had no problems with them yet except maybe they aren't stiff enough with the mk3s weight. Teins are another cheap one and are easy to adjust i've been told

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Supra NA-T;1919242 said:
THMotorsports has stance coilovers on same for 995.00 picking mine up on the 5th
Was just going to point this out to the OP, Jonathan has been great to work with over the past 5 months or so. :)

As for the Stance coils themselves, I had Megans before, and while they were good for what I needed, I was persuaded to buy some Stances for my car. I'm a believer now, that's for sure. The car is fairly easy to control and initiate a slide. From there, it is rather easy to keep sideways until you want to stop. All that, and I'm pretty sure my alignment is rather screwed up in general, but it works for me. ;)

dubsupra209

CENCAL SUPRAS
Mar 6, 2009
Merced, CA
Yea johns cool I was going to buy the stance to but went with hypermaxx. Stance comes with 2 years warranty pretty legit f you ask me

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
When I looked on TH Motorsports I think it was like a little over a grand for the Super Sport Stance coils and still right around 1200 for the GR+ Stance coils.

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
I honestly can't find any difference between the 2 but TH Motorsports says it would be free shipping while the other companies will most likely have a shipping charge added on top of that.

SmithElite12s

Feb 27, 2012
West Fargo, ND
I'm not looking for hellaflush stuff. Not a fan of it. I want something that I can still drive. I also could never slam my car because driving in this town would be nearly impossible.