Code 42 !!!

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
Speed sensor ? I dont know why i have this code.. My speedo IS working :aigo:.. I realive if i cruise in the 3k rpm range it always comes on.. BUT WHY !?

ma70mkiii

Jul 16, 2007
ohio
does your car have abs. i know when i had my srt4 i had a wheel speed sensor go bad and my abs light tripped. idk if it is the same thing but if you have abs might want to check the wheel speed sensors.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
My car has been doing the same thing ever since I swapped to an aristo 2j ecu. I don't know why its doing it. My friend has almost the exact same setup yet he doesn't throw the code. I noticed it only does it when I'm boosting.. which could very well mean whenever its over 4k or so.

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
No the car is a 5 spd and and yes i do have ABS but it works fine and the ABS light never triggers... If i drive and i cruise keeping it below 3k rpms it doesnt do it.. But once i get into it.. It pops up ! :1zhelp:

Supra-Man18

Nov 24, 2007
miami
I found out why it throws this code !! I swapped my tranny today from the J-spec R154 to the usdm R154 and No more Code ! Im assuming the speed sensor reads the 1jz transmission differently or something but the J-spec tranny was wat cauz the code.. Now im code free !!!

*EDIT * Not any more : / it threw the code again on the way home on the highway... : / Bummer.. Sorry guys

Last edited: