Code 24 Question

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
Since winter hit I am getting a check engine light some mornings. It is code 24. It seems to be the only code. The check engine light stays on until I turn off and restart the car. I checked the sensor out and it seems to be in spec, barely.... :aigo:

With that being said, are there driveability issues or anything else I should be concerned about or should I run out and get a new mass air flow meter? I guess I am asking is this something I need to take care of immediately or can it wait until after I take care of other issues I believe are more pressing concerns.

Thanks!:icon_bigg

7M4EVR

Oct 8, 2012
fah, fah away
is the code reoccuring? As in after you clear the engine codes does it come back? You can get a code 24 if your sensor becomes unplugged and it wont go away until you clear the code.

NADude98

Apr 5, 2006
Terre Haute, IN
www.myspace.com
Yes, it reoccurs after clearing the code. It only happens first thing in the morning. If I turn it off and restart it, it won't come happen again. Also maybe related, when I normally start the car I only hit the key enough to get it to turnover a few times. Usually it takes about 4-5 tries on the cold mornings. Normally it starts on first or second.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
NADude98;1980764 said:
Since winter hit I am getting a check engine light some mornings. It is code 24. It seems to be the only code. The check engine light stays on until I turn off and restart the car. I checked the sensor out and it seems to be in spec, barely.... :aigo:

Dead ECU bro....

Now that the mocking is out of the way, you might consider a probe check like listed in the manual to see what signal the PCM is actually seeing. The code only specifies it isn't getting what it is supposed to see, and is open or short.