Code 14 and no spark on #1 and #6

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
Trying to chase down a no-run condition w/code 14 and I figured out that cyls #1 and 6 (1st coil pack) are not getting spark. I've checked continuity in the coil pack harness and between the igniter and coils and all checks out ok. I've tried my spare ECU and also tried swapping coils and a known good pack doesn't work plugged into that location.

After studying the circuit I'm thinking it has to be a bad channel on the igniter since I'm getting spark on every cylinder but 1&6 unless I'm not understanding the TCCS Tech Doc and how it uses the IGdA and IGdB from the ECU to determine when to fire the cylinders and it's not getting the signals it needs which would possibly a wiring or CPS issue.

Thoughts? Any help would be greatly appreciated, was hoping to take advantage of some of the cooler weather we're having down here...

mk3_7m

Jul 21, 2007
melbourne
Have you checked your ignitor? (assuming if the ignitor does play a role on the signals between the coil packs) Or the cps...

dok33

My fuel pump precedes me
Apr 16, 2005
Austin, TX
www.cardomain.com
I was working on rigging up a 3V battery supply to test the ignitor last night and noticed that both pins of the #1/6 coil pack connector are getting 12V (vs the signal pin being grounded) so it looks like that wire may be shorted to 12V constant somewhere in the harness between the ignitor and coil pack so I have some work to do...