code 12 no spark bad cps?

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
The car was running fine then i had to crank it 10 plus times to get it to run got it home
started fine the next morning went to work then i had to get it towed home

There is no spark but i have 12v at the coils and ignither the wiring looks good
Some times when it was running it would start but idle rough for 30 seconds or so
Not sure if the timing is out or if i have a bad cps?

Last edited:

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Not understanding "crack it"

Any codes?

If it was running fine then I would be looking at something like damaged wire, loose connection, possibly timing belt, shit like that.

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
i know that code 12 is the cps or circuit i am thinking its the cps is there a way to check for sure if thats what it is with out pulling it off the car?
i have to order one i just want to make sure thats what it is
Will a worn out timing belt cause a code 12? i pulled the timing blet cover off the blet needs to be changed it has a bit of play in it how much is to much?

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
History of this error suggests the wires are bad and/or loose at the connector. Jiggle them a bit and see what happens, the results may add a smile to your face. Start cheap and work your way up...

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
I have checked the wires and connector a few time they look good i will check again
Is it rare for a cps to go bad? car has 165000km

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
I did a continuity test on the cps and got nothing and on the other side of the connector and was able to get continuity
The connector wires where cracked at the connector i am going to get a new one or rebuild it
i hard wired it to make sure it wasn't the connector and still no start and code 12

kicknsupra

May 22, 2008
PG BC
looking for a cps shipped to canada v2m 3s3
or if anybody knows where to get a new/reman one for a good price