Cobra brake kit questions???

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
i have searched alot on google and can find the threads but not really any part number to make sure which will work and which wont. i have tried using the search button for some reason my search is not working. i have looked up on advance a mustang cobra. and found calipers for left and right and rotors just want to make sure these will work with the kit before i buy them. any help will be great thanks guys.

right caliper
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...6-p?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*16461|L3*15684

left caliper
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...ionPath=L1*14921|L2*16461|L3*15684#fragment-2

for right and left rotors
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...7-p?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*16462|L3*15696

Pads
http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/we...p?navigationPath=L1*14921|L2*16463#fragment-2

IRACEMYCOPCAR

HOLSET MAFIA HX52
Jan 27, 2008
SOUTH CAROLINA
The only cobra that had a 5.4L was the 2000 Cobra R and i highly doubt that autozone is stocking those brakes.

you should be fine with any year cobra calipers and rotors, however i believe the 94-01 cobras had 38mm caliper pistons and the 03/04 cobras and Mach 1's had 40mm pistons in the calipers.

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
and i kno that the calipers are different for the right and left. what about the rotors are they the same for both the right and left. heard the factory brembos were vented differentley for the right and left side but wasnt sure about replacements

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
yes bigger difference, ive taken it to 150 mph n was hard on the til 40 mph no fade ir squishy pedal on my stickers by 70 i had no brakes. iffset isnt that big of a deal with the wheels but caliper clearence is.

he has an aggressive 0 offset but low disc face which required him to shave. i have a med/hi caliper clearence. i can prob squeeze 6pot in my wheels

if you buy used test em first

Needboost

Mar 2, 2009
danville, virginia
OneJArpus;1913165 said:
yes bigger difference, ive taken it to 150 mph n was hard on the til 40 mph no fade ir squishy pedal on my stickers by 70 i had no brakes. iffset isnt that big of a deal with the wheels but caliper clearence is.

he has an aggressive 0 offset but low disc face which required him to shave. i have a med/hi caliper clearence. i can prob squeeze 6pot in my wheels

if you buy used test em first

well i would be buying the wheels new that the only bad part would probly be buying the xxr 521 believe they come with a 18x8.5 with a +25 or 35mm offset or could go big with a 18x10 with +12 or +25mm offset. just worried about buying them then realizing they wont fit

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
Needboost;1913356 said:
well i would be buying the wheels new that the only bad part would probly be buying the xxr 521 believe they come with a 18x8.5 with a +25 or 35mm offset or could go big with a 18x10 with +12 or +25mm offset. just worried about buying them then realizing they wont fit

I had to roll my fenders with +25 offset, with +12 you will have to roll and PULL the fenders... be careful with your purchase!

aka paco

Hey buddy of mine just sold his car, and he has every single thing i need to do a Cobra front brake swap on my car, I was just wondering anyone that has this setup would they recommend it? did you notice a big difference?

I have had alot of SC's and did TT or LS400 front brakes on them and it was a major improvement..

just wanna make sure it's worth upgrading if i'm gonna spend the cash, also any chance of it feeling unbalanced having stock rear brakes? and is the stock Master cylinder ok to use with the brake upgrade?

Jul 30, 2011
A-Town WA
I did driftmotion cobra kit, with 2000 cobra r brembo's. they're pretty sweet, hopefully get to use em soon. I'm tryin to find someone to help with wiring stuff. Overall, my front and rear brake swap was easy, looks amazing and not too expense to do both front and rear. Hit me up with any questions on it.
image.jpg
image.jpg