Clutch slips, No Cruise Con, WTF??? I Hate My Car... Arrrgggg

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
:cry: Don't you hate these threads:cry:

Well don't worry it was just a joke to get your asses in here.. :)

Actually both these problems happened:

First: I installed a new clutch last summer, It's been great until a few days ago. If i pumped it up fast, there would be no play in it and it would slip, So I bled the air out a few more times. Bamm Fixed!!!.

Second: Last night I saw that I had no cruise control. So I check the fuses, the vacuum source, the switches(mine were sticky) but functioned.

Now I goto the TSRM and wouldn't you know it, Toyota built in a diag Mode just for the cruise control and wouldn't you know it, It said my clutch was out of adjustment. So I grab a flashlight and sure enough, there was a second switch up there that I did not see before that was telling the ecu that my clutch was in. So I adjust it. Bamm, fixed!!!

I just wanted to say that Toyota rocks...:)

Cliffs: I screwed up my car, but I read the TSRM and I fixed it.. :)

That is all...LOL

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Yes it is JJ ..Again the wording is my weakness but it was simple really.

KOEO + hold set + push cruise = diag mode

Car running + hold set + push cruise = diag test (with ebrake, brake off and clutch out or in park) and you can test each one, That was way cool...:)

Jeff Lange

Administrator
Staff member
Mar 29, 2005
Calgary, Canada
jefflange.ca
There is also the mode with cruise on, then tap set 3 times I believe. I can't remember what they each did, but I used them extensively when adding cruise control to my AE86.

Joel W.

Just A Jedi
Nov 7, 2005
Washington
Jeff: I think I stumbled on that once while driving but I did not know what I was doing LOL I will have to look again. :)