Clutch safety/sensor

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Does anyone have a pinout for clutch safety/sensor on Mk3 (its located on the clutch pedal). I'm Trying to splice Bee *R into it (launch control) but all wires for it are missing. Thanks.
Looked on google, and here, could not find anything.

mkiii222

Mar 31, 2005
Troy, MI
The clutch safety switch is simply an on/off switch. If the wires are missing the previous owner may have spliced them together to allow the car to start without pressing the clutch.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Why not just run the wire to the clutch safety wires. It will have 12v. The switch just completes the circuit. With it bypassed it's like if your pushing down te clutch the whole Time when your not.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
I'm missing those wires (can't find them under there). what if I just run a + wire from one of my gauges, and a - from battery (ground), than splice BeeR into positive wire ?.
Which one is a positive terminal on clutch switch ? the Triangle/A ?

---------- Post added at 11:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:56 AM ----------

Hvyman,
I'm trying to have launch control in ON position when clutch pedal is pushed in, and OFF when it is not pushed in.

mensrea

Sep 6, 2009
Schofield Barracks, HI
Got it working.

The triangle/A terminal on clutch safety/start sensor went to + (where my boost/afr gauges connect), the other terminal (looks like F) went to ground.
The white wire from Bee *R splices into + wire that comes off Triangle/A terminal on sensor and splices with my gauges. Good stuff, got to see how it launches now.