Clutch Questions

Supra469

Apr 20, 2007
Maryland
Here's the details...

I'm about to replace my front & rear main seals and would like to replace the stock original clutch as well. I don't race or go to the track or is interested in large HP numbers. What I like is a lil spirited driving which is more in the lower rpm range, meaning fast spool ups and short quick bursts!

This is my daily driver therefore a on/off clutch won't really work. So when it comes to clutches, what's the best (reliable) brand out there and what would you all recommend that can probably take me to say 400ish. I don't know about clutches and the jargon of it, so please explain when you reply. I always would prefer stock, but I'm not sure if stock would be the best at this point???

My 91T has been BPUed with: KN, Hard pipes, CT 60-1, DDP-R down pipe, High flow CAT, Tanabe.

Thanks all...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
rps hasn't been too popular as of late....they like to explode n stuff....act has been good to people....centerforce is FTL....heard decent things about clutchmasters also.

SevenMKIII

No more Supra no more fun
Jan 13, 2007
Central IL
Woah, I hadn't heard anything about RPS, that's no good. I had a Centerforce DF on my Z28 and loved it, but that obviously doesn't apply to the R154.

I think Toyota and Chevrolet should have teamed up back in the day and put the T56 in all Supras, and many other RWD cars. It is god's transmission.

supra153624

Mar 12, 2008
bishopville, south carolina
SevenMKIII;1075332 said:
Woah, I hadn't heard anything about RPS, that's no good. I had a Centerforce DF on my Z28 and loved it, but that obviously doesn't apply to the R154.

I think Toyota and Chevrolet should have teamed up back in the day and put the T56 in all Supras, and many other RWD cars. It is god's transmission.

cumberland has good parts for mk2 and mk3, i have a clutch kit from them, its been pretty good when i swaped the parts out of my 83 into my 82

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
SevenMKIII;1075332 said:
Woah, I hadn't heard anything about RPS,

Haven't been here long? :)

ask Dr Jonez and myself about them. I know I have nothing but scathing, not so nice comments and will never ever, ever recommend them. If they become the last clutch company. Over to Auto tranny.