Clutch peda engagment point high after r154 swap.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Hey all. So I did it at last....r154 swap. I got alotta pics and even some vids. Only prob is that my engagement point is high. I came from a w58 kept the same clutch master did a ss clutch line and thats about all. It doenst slip well not that I notice didnt do no stupid 500 mile break in time. But anyideas?

suprasick

Hey look...a Supra!
Mar 17, 2006
Milton, Washington
^This. The little rod that connects to the master cylinder is the one you want. Threaded out=higher engagement Threaded in= lower engagement

Once you get under the dash you will see what I mean. And make sure you tighten the nut without moving the rod when you find the perfect engagement.

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
ok sorry I was soo tired last night so my spelling sucked. But Iv adjusted the pedal hight and the lil shaft free for free play as tsrm said. no dice it still disengages or engages really high. Could I have the wrong clutch master. It looks like a gte one from the tsrm but maybe I have a 91-92 or need a 91-92 one. My car is an 88 like pre 89 style so idk. also I dont have the things for the clutch start switch or the other sensor thats gos on the clutch. (I have the top one but its used for my anti lag and clutch hight was fine with the w58)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I'm using the W58 master in my '89 and it works fine, engagement point is exactly where it's supposed to be. Needed the change out the softline (Ended up with an assortment of adapters, so I changed out for the braided stainless line instead.)

I don't think that's it...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
No info on what clutch you have...

If the flywheel was cut but the backstep wasn't cut as well, there's your issue. Also, you need to do a break in of the clutch or it gets glazed and doesn't hold for shit...

1-2clutch-u

Feb 18, 2006
chi town and ohio
Its a new clutch and flywheel combo. brand...well thats not important...break in well....to late (just the way I do things for clutch on my cars. ase says its not the right way but Its worked for me) but it holds. I will be posting up a write up about the"china man clutchs"

Beals

JZA70 TT-R
Feb 3, 2009
Alberta, Canada
1-2clutch-u;1940295 said:
Its a new clutch and flywheel combo. brand...well thats not important...break in well....to late (just the way I do things for clutch on my cars. ase says its not the right way but Its worked for me) but it holds. I will be posting up a write up about the"china man clutchs"

my clutch on my r154 is set to engage when I'm just about to left off with my foot, is that what you consider high? or do you mean like half foot in and it lets go?