Clutch falls to floor when coming to a stop!!!

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
I have changed out the slave cylinder the master cylinder, installed steel braided line all new fluid and fully bedded with the vac pump and old peddle method... Not sure what to do next:/ thanks so much.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
Did you bench bleed the master and slave cylinder? Falling to the floor means you've lost hydraulic pressure. Are you positive there's NO air left? Some might be trapped in the line. Best way I did this was..

Bench bleed the master cylinder and install.
Pump the pedal several times while keeping the res. full til you get fluid coming out the end of the line at the slave cylinder.
Bench bleed the slave cylinder and install.
Pump the pedal several times and hold while a friend cracks the bleeder loose, don't release the pedal til the bleeder is tight again.

Doing this, I only had to crack the bleeder loose about 2-3 times.

Suprapowaz!(2)

Apr 10, 2006
San Antonio, Tx.
When you say falling to the floor you mean after you press in the clutch it stay down on the floor right? You're not losing fluid are you? Adjusted the clutch rod length correctly?
It doesn't matter if these parts are brand new from Toyota or remans from you local parts store, I would disassemble both master and slave and inspect the seals inside. If those parts have been shelved for years seals may have gone brittle, and first time with all of that hydraulic pressure will bust them. I've seen it happen on my car. If that's not your problem then sorry, I have nothing else for you.... yet.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
If I press the brakes just a little hard before a complete stop, the clutch peddle goes to the floor as soon as I touch it.
I'll try and bench bleed them and rebelled the system again:) thanks for the great tips!!!! I'll report back as soon as I'm done.

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
mk3tattoos;1907489 said:
If I press the brakes just a little hard before a complete stop, the clutch peddle goes to the floor as soon as I touch it.
I'll try and bench bleed them and rebelled the system again:) thanks for the great tips!!!! I'll report back as soon as I'm done.

The brake shouldn't haven anything to do with the clutch system. You can literately assemble the clutch system on a bench and it will operate as long as you hold the push rod inside the slave cylinder.

What I'm trying to say is the brakes have nothing to do with the clutch.

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
IndigoMKII;1907503 said:
The brake shouldn't haven anything to do with the clutch system. You can literately assemble the clutch system on a bench and it will operate as long as you hold the push rod inside the slave cylinder.

What I'm trying to say is the brakes have nothing to do with the clutch.

Why would the clutch loose power when I come to a complete stop? I'm getting ready to bleed them now. Thanks so much

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
So I did the bench bleeding and then bled the system using two people rather than the mighty vac bleeder.
Went out and did a few test stops and all is good!!! Thanks so much for the help:)

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Took it out a few more times and had no issues at ever stop. Went out to the freeway for a few pulls to tune a little more, and no issues at all:) thanks again!