Clunk in front end while turning...only clunks once.

northdakotakid

Feb 17, 2009
North Dakota
Alright, just recently I have noticed that when I take a corner at a decent speed, there is a slight clunk in what I think is the drivers front. It clunks once while turning one way, and will not clunk until I turn the other way. It also clunks (still, just once) if I hit a decent bump. I am thinking it might be a sway bar end link, but I also found something else that it could be, also on the sway bar...
p1700878_1.jpg

One bolt is broken off on the sway bar mount on the passenger side! FML

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
You've given me something to look at in my car... to answer your question, you could be ok (considering I've driven my car with a similar symptom for a long while now), but suspension is one of those things that can fail at any given moment, so... be careful, and fix it sooner than later. :)

CT26smoker

Banned
May 25, 2010
Houston
You can drive it unil the other side breaks, and the sway bar falls down, and jams everything up.
Glad that I am in Texas, so that when the other side breaks, you won't run into me........

fixitman04

fixer of all things !!
Sep 18, 2008
north dakota
it try a left hand drill bit to get that bolt out...it shouldnt be that tight as the head tightning down is what puts the pressure on the threads. in reality i would not recommend driving it like that...its like a 10 min fix. i know its cold right now....but it could cause an accident if it breaks. id also replace both bolts as the other bolt is getting a lot of stress on it