Climate control blower fan not working - Help

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Im having some trouble with my climate control. Im not getting airflow in any position. I can hear the vents moving and the i can get heat, it just doesnt blow. Swapped out every part, resistors breakers climate control itself. nothings resolved the issue. I really want my defrosters back :(

I tested the power at the blower motor and didnt get any power.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I reset the circuit breaker and replaced the heater relay and resistors with working ones. I was careful with the resistors and made sure nothing broke.
Wheres this blower control switch?

Forgot to mention, the breaker wasnt popped to begin with.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No the switch is behind the radio and all that.

What about in the drivers kick panel. Iirc there is a a/c fuse down there.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
No the switch is behind the radio and all that.

What about in the drivers kick panel. Iirc there is a a/c fuse down there.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Just out of curiosity, have you tried unplugging the fan and hooking it up to a battery? I just replaced mine last month because the actual blower died.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Ive hooked up two different blower motors, both were working before the cars sat. Ive gone through and replaced every little sensor and relay I can find with ones from a working system. All my fuses check out good. I cant think of what the problem is, Im about to change out the whole system under the dash, but Im doubting ill get any luck.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Have you taken the dash out at all?

If you have no power to the blower you need to trace the line back to where the problem is. Maybe there is a open in the circuit somewhere and everything else was/is working.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
Yeah everything else works fine. I think im just going to hardwire the fan with a toggle so I can manually control it. Just keep the stock airboxes in so I can still have the vent servos.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Directly underneath the glovebox, if you drop the bottom panel under it, there is a resistor. I just replaced mine like a month ago. It fixed the problem.

Yellow 13

Lurker
Apr 4, 2006
Fairfield, California
I just ended up wiring a toggle switch for the fan into the cig lighter. Works fucking great and I still have control over the heat and everything from the climate control.

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:51 PM ----------

Yeah resistors checked out good. I went over every piece in the system. I just dont have the patience to hunt down a bad wire when I can make another more reliable fix in 10 minutes.