CLEANEST way to install SAF-C

farristrey

Jan 1, 2015
Clermont, FL
I refuse to shortcut this. Ive been through my whole harness repinning and solder on new clips. I'm thinking this was going to be three wire connections; harness, to safc, to ecu wire. So that's three wires joining. I was going to order a pinned connector with the crimp on pins you see them a lot in industrial applications and can get them for cars I saw. And when I say "crimp" it's not the typical crimp on. But that only joins two wires. I could do it with one with more circuits then I needed and run a jumper to the ecu...? Spitballin here, how have you guys done this cleanly?

Supraboy89

Oct 25, 2006
Hampton GA
farristrey;2047198 said:
I refuse to shortcut this. Ive been through my whole harness repinning and solder on new clips. I'm thinking this was going to be three wire connections; harness, to safc, to ecu wire. So that's three wires joining. I was going to order a pinned connector with the crimp on pins you see them a lot in industrial applications and can get them for cars I saw. And when I say "crimp" it's not the typical crimp on. But that only joins two wires. I could do it with one with more circuits then I needed and run a jumper to the ecu...? Spitballin here, how have you guys done this cleanly?

i soldered the wires and used heat shrink and mounted it were the ash tray is

farristrey

Jan 1, 2015
Clermont, FL
That's where I planned on mounting it. I understand the solder and heat shrink method. I just though using some kind of wiring terminal might look better? Maybe your right though. I was thinking maybe a pinned connector I could make...

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
If you're looking for that clean way to install it then just wire/heat shrink the SAFC harness into the body harness, loom it all up and plug n' play.