Civic vs. MK3

boost PSSH boost

SM's Welding Guru
Apr 4, 2005
Marshall, WI
Came across a silver pre-89 Turbo 5spd mk3 last night in Madison while pumping gas. I was sporting my SupraMania hoodie, so when I came out after paying, the owner started talking to me. He was a middle aged guy. told him about the MK3's I'd had and have currently.

We got to talking about his car. It had just finished being broken in, but he had not installed any mods yet. MINT MINT MINT condition, and it idled smoother than a polished valve cover. We both left, headed in the same direction.

We came up to a stop light in the boondocks. He gave me that look. You know, the same look you get from another supra guy who wants to play.

Unfortunately, I am in my civic. Turbo's off for the winter, and I just have basic mods to keep me alive in the occasional autocross...

Well, he brings up the revs before the light changes. I bring mine up to 3200 and hope I can stick out of the hole. The light changes, I slip the clutch and depress the gas equally, spin to keep the revs up, and catch 2nd hard. I'm a car and a half ahead at the end of 2nd, and he reels in half a car in 3rd. He gives me a confused thumbs up, then realizes his car would have walked me HAAARD in 4th...he smiles, waves, and drops behind me to exit later on.

Mods:
Coilovers, front strut tower bar, roll cage, camber kit. bat. relocation
MSD external coil, crappy intake, 4-2-1 header, 2.5" exhaust, ported intake mani and head
sohc ZC swap & efi conversion, si/zc trans hybrid, DS shop halfshafts, ACT clutch, fidanza flywheel, fluidyne radiator

CRX PM6 ecu, chipped using TurboEdit

Lots of mods that don't make much more HP unless used in junction with my beloved hair dryer :3d_frown: I hate getting ready for the snow.