Chrysler Crossfire

Anicrow

Jul 25, 2007
Colorado
So, I'm driving to go pick up some guy for some gas money, running 85 In there.

I come up on this Chrysler Crossfire, all black, with a very angry man in it, like he just found his wife cheating on him angry. :evil2:

Of course, being a fan of throwing salt in the wound, I rev my engine and look over and laugh at him for his extremely girly car. (Don't get me wrong, they're nice cars, if you're a platinum blonde)

So now that I have his attention, I jump on her a little bit, let it drop one gear and take off (3rd to 2nd) I pull away from him and he tries hard to catch up, I'm pretty sure he dropped into 2nd as well.

So I'm cruising at about 80 and climbing when a light infront of us turns read. :)

We line up, and I immediatley jump off infront of him, he rolls into it and shifts to second, then third, then he realizes that I was about 2 cars away from him and it sounded like he dropped back into second and gunned it. Needless to say He caught up there, so kudos for him. At this point I had already let off a little so I could procede with salting his wound, I let him pass me, and jump on it and sure enough she pulls me right pass him for an amusing and easy kill.

I was pretty satisfied that my N/A could beat something with two people in it <.< when he only had 1.

Still, he looked even angrier so it made my night a little bit more enjoyable.:biglaugh:

On other notes, I beat an all motor V-tech (prelude I think it was), I've been beat by Turbo Subaru's just about everytime I get in my Supra, and My Friends Lancer "Oz edition" (N/A 5 speed) Couldn't pass me off a straight pull, but she held with me on the highway and turns pretty close.

OneJArpus

Supramania Contributor
Jul 1, 2005
Newark, New Jersey, United States
cool, my boy has a crossfire and i can't beat it.... turbo auto with 8psi of boost running open DP apexi intake.... i'll get him for a good car or two off the launch cuz of break boosting but thats all i get.

350znal

Dec 1, 2006
Anniston, Al.
Seems alittle fishy man. You may have beat the driver then...

As far as beating a all motor prelude vtec.. Most with a good drive(5spds) run mid to high 14's with bolt ons.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
This is funny my friend's older brother works for town and country dodge. It reminds of when my red 89(NA) would get the jump on my friend's crossfire but he would walk me pretty easily .... However my current white 89(Turbo) takes his lunch money along with his brothers every time we run which is almost every friday night by the way he drives a R/T charger :)

Intake
3in exhaust
14psi
275/40/18
and in dier need of paint please donate :)

MassSupra89

Almost done.
Nov 3, 2005
MA
350znal said:
Seems alittle fishy man. You may have beat the driver then...

As far as beating a all motor prelude vtec.. Most with a good drive(5spds) run mid to high 14's with bolt ons.

Yup, a Crossfire was an easy kill but you couldn't pull on a 120bhp Lancer on the highway? Doesn't sound right.

mkIIIman089

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Ohio
I'm glad to see that you are NA, I recently drove a non SRT crossfire and its comparable to grass growing. Had your car been turbo, that would be pretty pathetic.

bountykilla0118

In Pursuit of 500rwhp
Jul 16, 2005
Atlanta GA
But they are quicker than a N/A mkiii without a doubt ...... My motor was solid with an intake, 2.5in catback, i advanced my timing a bit and i got walked pretty bad over and over and over in my 89 n/a no matter. It did not matter if it was from or dig or a roll. Also I am much better driver I would also get the jump in 1st and by the end of 2nd he was pulling off.

But its a different story with my turbo 89 .... and 14psi :)