Choose my system!

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Ok guys, here the deal. My speakers are SHOT, my headunit is SHOT.

I need to listen to music asap. I need some real good speakers and headunit. I would like for the speakers to jsut hookup with out much modification. And i need help choosing a sub and head unit. Idk if i want an amp. My firned has just a sub (no amp) in his car and it sounds pretty good. I listen to real fast electronic music, so i dont want to go above a 10 inch sub, well an 8 would be ideal.

So please, im pretty much on a budget, and what would be the best MP3 compatible system?

Respect will be given if it sounds good!
:1zhelp:

-WIlliam

born2drv

Banned
Nov 1, 2005
Burbank, CA
if you don't want an amp, get a front and back set of coaxials... like 4" coaxials (stock size) or 5-1/4" (custom mounted) or 6" (in the later model speaker pods or custom mounted) up front.......... and get something in the back hatch, maybe mounted in a small box like 6x9" coaxials.

i'm running a similar setup now........ mind you it's powered by an amp, but it sounds fantastic and very lound. the bass is very decent on the inside but it doesn't boom outside, and loses a lot of volume with the targa off but still its excellent considering i have no sub (yet). i have 5-1/4"+tweets up front and 8" coaxials in the back (custom speaker pods).

i wouldn't run any subs off deck power, that's just me.... but if you do at the very least, make sure the deck has a low pass filter on the rear channels, then you can bridge them to make a single output for a sub, but again i really wouldn't recommend it. because if you drive a lot with the windows down or a targa roof or something you won't hear that sub distorting and you'll keep cranking it louder.... and 50W from a deck going to a sub that is 50% distortion will kill the sub much faster then 500W of clean power. Plus you risk damaging your deck, I don't think it was designed to push a sub but that's up to you :)

Good luck.

estrellainc

Supra Agent
Dec 26, 2005
mississippi
:biglaugh: yup born2drv has def been there.

Really, ya have to audition every system for yourself. (trust YOUR ears)
bring a CD with a particular song you can use for reference, and play it on every speaker, every unit.
Play it in your friends cars, or anyone who'll let ya play it.
after a while, you'll know which is the right one

THE BEST way is to play each speaker or unit IN your car when your driving. that way you'll hear what part of the music is being drowned or even cancelled out in the car itself before its too late.

btw- sage advice from born2drv
hooking a sub DIRECTly to the speaker chain wont get ya wat ya need.
If ya got some flow, try an amplified SAS bazooka.
They can use input from the speaker output, or from a RCA output. (more head-unit choices)

Bazooka wont give ya the lowest bass, but it is self contained. Perfect for even the stock system.

as far as systems,
get MORE power than ya need. itll handle stress better, and play cleaner at the loudness you'd listen at anyway.
the very best systems can play WAY too loud, and ya would'nt even know its really that loud because the sound will remain pure- clean.

i'll tell ya what. we can dance all day with this.
it'll all rest on how much money your willing to spend.

could ya tell us what your budget is for this system?
I'll put together a few bang for the buck systems so you can pick your OWN choice.
:icon_bigg

Last edited: