ChinaMan Vband Exhaust 3" Supra

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
Does any one current have a ChinaMan Vband Exhaust on their car? I was wondering if they are junk or worth the $350. Im looking to get some rumble out of it because the stock setup is very quiet. If anyone owns one please let me know what you think of it.

GuNDeZZZ

Was dgilman360
Sep 28, 2006
Lakeland Florida
Fletch124;1307873 said:
You get what you pay for. If I hadnt of boughten my BIC Thunder catback there is a good chance i'd be ordering one.

How does that BIC exhaust sound???

Do you have it with a res or nah?

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
i have it the clamps suck if your doin it on your back i would get somthing else. sounds ok but it leaks from every joint. im takin it out and welding it together this weeknd. oh and it started to rust a week after i got it. like was said earlier u get what u pay for. it dose the job but i wouldnt get it again.:nono:

T-MA71

Always broken down member
Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
Mine hasn't started to rust. Clamps don't leak either. But when i put the clamps together it was out of the car, then i put it on the car afterwords. No leaks so far and been running it for a few months. At first i did have fitment issues, it would hang low but then i put it next to the RSR and fixed the bends on it.

It is a pain to make it mount correctly... But its a pretty good exhaust system for the price.

supraman666

Mar 20, 2009
PAWTUCKET RI
T-MA71;1308130 said:
Mine hasn't started to rust. Clamps don't leak either. But when i put the clamps together it was out of the car, then i put it on the car afterwords. No leaks so far and been running it for a few months. At first i did have fitment issues, it would hang low but then i put it next to the RSR and fixed the bends on it.

It is a pain to make it mount correctly... But its a pretty good exhaust system for the price.

i think mine rusted because they salt the shit out of the roads in my town. the muffler didnt rust the pipes did.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
supraman666;1308165 said:
i think mine rusted because they salt the shit out of the roads in my town. the muffler didnt rust the pipes did.

Oh word, yea mines been sitting all winter so salt wasn't a problem. But like i said it's not a bad exhaust. The only problems were trying to get it to come out at the right angle. Granted i had the RS*R to set right next to but without it i probably wouldn't be able to fix it.:icon_bigg

FullNelson

Sep 17, 2007
Coastal Georgia
Why do so many order an exhaust in a box kit when you can buy the muffler you want and have an exhaust shop do it locally, make it fit great, guarantee against leaks and probably do it for less then even this kit?

88supramaniac

Mar 8, 2009
chicopee,ma
I have it and like stated it is a bitch to mount right...well worth it though for 350 bucks....nice rumble sound to it..I also got a 3 inch bic downpipe and magnaflow high flow cat.....I would get it again

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
FullNelson;1308357 said:
Why do so many order an exhaust in a box kit when you can buy the muffler you want and have an exhaust shop do it locally, make it fit great, guarantee against leaks and probably do it for less then even this kit?

Well I didn't get it custom because I don't like when other people work on my supra. It was worth the $300.

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
87 supra king;1308595 said:
how long did it take you to mount?

Took me about 30-45 Min the first time. But that's because I had a catylitic converter just put in with brand new hardware. After that, when i took it off and put it next to the RS*R took about 20 min to adjust and another 10 min to put back in. Doesn't take that long IMO.

89TBen

Sep 11, 2006
Mizzou
FullNelson;1308357 said:

+1 to this. i had a local exhaust shop do a full 3 inch straight pipe from the dp back for $70. so you could take the money you saved and buy somethng else for your car. i dont have a muffler yet but even then thats only another $50 or so. exhaust is exhaust. i do most of the work myself on my car too but i dont have a pipe bender so i couldnt do an exhaust lol. if its a good exhaust thats great. but i think you could spend the money elsewhere. just my oppinion.

ben

87 supra king

Jul 20, 2008
PA
thanks for the information Im on a really tight budget and Im trying to make some gains Ill definately have to check out a local exhaust shop

T-MA71

Mar 16, 2008
Nashua, NH
SlowSupra;1308646 said:
I'm also considering this, does any one have any pics with it installed.

I have this one of mine installed.
p1308652_1.jpg

Guyana00

Droppin that JZ in soon!
Apr 18, 2007
Brampton, ON
89TBen;1308637 said:
+1 to this. i had a local exhaust shop do a full 3 inch straight pipe from the dp back for $70. so you could take the money you saved and buy somethng else for your car. i dont have a muffler yet but even then thats only another $50 or so. exhaust is exhaust. i do most of the work myself on my car too but i dont have a pipe bender so i couldnt do an exhaust lol. if its a good exhaust thats great. but i think you could spend the money elsewhere. just my oppinion.

ben

No resonator I assume? What engine do you have and how does it sound, what muffler are you using now?

89TBen

Sep 11, 2006
Mizzou
Guyana00;1308654 said:
No resonator I assume? What engine do you have and how does it sound, what muffler are you using now?

i'll tey to get some pics and a vid so you can hear it. ive been meaning to do this just havent gotten around to it.

7mgte. no resonator, no cat, no muffler. :evil2: it 3 inch ss elbow and 3 inch ss dp. so its 3 inch from the turbo back. its sounds pretty good imo. some ppl think its a lil loud, and it probably could sound better with a res or cat or muff, but for $70 im very happy with it. i do plan on getting a muffler for it, just haven't gotten around to it yet. im gonna get the OBX evo style muffler. i know i know its obx. but i cant find the just the greddy muffler, because they don't sell just the muffler. you have to buy the whole exhaust system to get the muffler:aigo: i'd consider another muffler but i really love the look of the evo style mufflers.