China Manifold

Torque

Sep 7, 2008
In your home
How many of you guys are running SSautocrome exhaust manifolds, and what do you think about them. Just looking for a manifold for a single turbo setup. Damn those smokey bastard twins:3d_frown:

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
ok, im following you know.. i was thinking 7m for some reason. try driftmotion, 935motorsport.. etc. avoid ssauto crap. their welds no just whole damn thing is garbage!

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Many guys run them without problems other than clearances. You usually have to use a spacer between the turbo and manifold to clear the strut tower and some have clearance issues with oil filter mounts.

IJ had his hot enough to melt ceramic coating off and it was fine.

plan to run one when I get rid of the ct but will probably be cleaning up the welds a little bit and maybe reinforcing.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
driftmotion sells one thats clocked 30*. idk if that one clears or not. they dont say anything about it needing to be modified.

Mk3runner

Supramania Contributor
Nov 19, 2006
Nor Cal
I've seen them crack bad around the flange. Not saying all but for the one I've seen first hand and then many others I've heard about. Just makes me think differently on weld strength.

becauseican

Supramania Contributor
Mar 31, 2005
Vancouver
www.bicperformance.com
As with any "china manifold" just make sure to go over it and clean out the slag on the inside of the runners, it is really hit and miss with these manifolds some are ok, and others arent worth thier weight in scrap. The 1j manifolds that have the two wastegate pipes coming off the out side ( towards the R strut tower) dont fit the mk3 very well at all, you really need to flatten out one wastegate pipe to get it to clear the fram rail.

I have used a few of the Drewgo manifolds, they are definatly on the higher end of the china made manifolds, they use thicker/ better material, braced for strength, ceramic coated and fit pretty good, it is really tight at the T-stat housing and may need a bit of clearencing. I prefer to use these.

mdr40z

Mar 31, 2005
arkansas
MK3Brent;1335394 said:
Been with mine for years. Nothing wrong with it.

me too, I wonder how many of these folks hating them actually have one?
I do know you need to get the ones made of higher grade stainless & search is your friend.

MA70Snowman

Oct 17, 2006
San Diego
I got mine through fleabay, was a china brand ss, stainless steel type. only problem I had was i had to cut off the wastegate flange and turn it 90* for the WG to fit the right way. wats funny is my buddy who rewelded it, did a crappier job then what it came with. my only real gripe about it, is that my WG sits REALLY low, like the vacuum port on the top of it hangs below the frame of the car. other then that fitment was fine for me. no problems w/ the Strut towers.

staticpage

Banned: Scammer, liar, cheat and thief
Oct 3, 2007
Cincinnati
it helps to install it right to.
The cracking is dew to people not installing a brace from the block to the turbo to support the weight of the whole thing. Its not a bolt on part its a custom install. Fabricating a support is a must to prevent potential cracking from the weight of the turbo and shifting of the down pipe and dont for get the charge pipe. its all twisting and pulling a different direction on the mani so i would highly recommend braceing it some way to the head or block.