Chi2k7

CampbellsChunkySoupra

best be eating your soup!
Jan 28, 2007
Norwalk, IA
www.dragsource.net
hm, seems like ive missed out on some quality midwest talk! lol. 5-6 hour drive for me to make it to Chi2k7. ill probably bring along an almost complete 2j mk2 or just the 6m mk2. we'll see how that swap goes this summer... sounds like a blast!

so where exactly is this place at in reference to Chi-town? north? south? east? west? top? bottom? front? middle? downtown? etc...

im gonna have to start savign parts of my paychecks so i can afford gas to get there :(

-Tyler

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
hm, seems like ive missed out on some quality midwest talk! lol. 5-6 hour drive for me to make it to Chi2k7. ill probably bring along an almost complete 2j mk2 or just the 6m mk2. we'll see how that swap goes this summer... sounds like a blast!

so where exactly is this place at in reference to Chi-town? north? south? east? west? top? bottom? front? middle? downtown? etc...

im gonna have to start savign parts of my paychecks so i can afford gas to get there :(

-Tyler

Elmhurst Toyota is about due west of downtown, close to the middle of DuPage county iirc.

I really would like to there since I won't be able to make it to OH. We'll see how things go this summer.

edit: Yeah.. http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.ad...at=&address=&city=elmhurst+&state=il&zipcode=
Not sure though if the meet is going to take place there or not though.

Last edited:

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Yeah...It always helps to stay in the groove with EVERYONE else...Not just rolling out/finding places on your own. ;)

Jeff

Clueless

Banned
Feb 22, 2006
Columbus, Indiana
Boost Lee said:
Yeah...It always helps to stay in the groove with EVERYONE else...Not just rolling out/finding places on your own. ;)

Jeff

Yup...learned some thing last weekend, which marks the last time I'm ever taking an '86 golf to a supra meet. I think I nearly suffocated all the supra drivers behind me on the back road cruise with diesel smoke. :evil2: ...oh well. Maybe, just maybe I'll show up in a supra... :naughty: ...if I can find one.

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
/\
baseballjerkoff.gif

da89soup

World I Am Gay Blue!!!
Dec 2, 2005
Fargo ND
Ok for us non locals we are going to need some lodging!!! I know a bunch of us are traveling 10+ hours so where is the best place to stay close to the events and it would be nice if all of us traveling could stay in the same hotel???? I am going to book a room soon so please help a brother out?????:icon_bigg

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
MDCmotorsports said:
The place we stayed at last year was next door to sound performance. You could walk to the dyno. :)

Could you be more vague Jon.....................:biglaugh:

A name of a good hotel and maybe a zip code would help us out. I'll check the first post and see if it has the zipcode of the toyota place. I'll be getting our room soon. Hope to see alot of you people there.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
suprahero said:
Could you be more vague Jon.....................:biglaugh:

A name of a good hotel and maybe a zip code would help us out. I'll check the first post and see if it has the zipcode of the toyota place. I'll be getting our room soon. Hope to see alot of you people there.

I honestly don't remember. I know it was in the parking lot of Taco Bell and right accross the street from Sound performance.

There was quite a few of us supra people there.....

A little help Matt, Jeff and Jason?!?!?!?

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
Clueless said:
I might come...if I do, I'll have to leave after work. :-/

Months in advanced..........I think it'd be most appropriate to do what everyone else is doing...

Just request off!!!!!!!!!! :aigo:

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
I just got my room reserved for friday and saturday night........................::w00t::

The Springhill Suites was booked up so they gave me the number to another hotel and luckily they had an opening. I'll see you guys there. I'll be the silly looking whiteboy in the blue supra...................:biglaugh:

mkiiSupraMan18

Needs a new username...
Apr 1, 2005
United States
www.priceline.com ... whatever you can get for cheap. Especially since you can opick your neighborhood now. That always makes it a lot easier.

I'll have GPS, so NBD.

*edit*
Jay, maybe you and vixen will be able to see the green machine finally. After all the years of anticipation... lol

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
mkiiSupraMan18 *edit* Jay said:
Don't you tease me Matt...................:3d_frown: ..................:biglaugh:

We're going to be getting there thursday and staying until sunday if everything goes o.k. I've got to go find a place to rent a dolly from now.