Check engine light

devin.mc.barrett

Dec 26, 2017
US
Hey guys Soo I'm trying tog see why my.check engine light won't turn on when i turn on the key in to neutral before starting it and it won't turn on and ill turn it over and keeps turning over. I have no spark and I can't tell what codes it's throwing me cause my.check engine light wont turn on. I've tested the ecu with a multi meter and I'm getting power to everything in the ecu. For the dash iv checked the bulb and tested the socket with the multimeter and still.had power to that bulb idk what to do guys this is seriously the only.thing from.keeping my car from starting and it's pissing me off. I need help and wondering if you guys could throw me ideas? Thanks yall

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Oct 11, 2005
Thousand Oaks, CA
Umm. You said you were getting power to everything in the ECU. How do you conclude that if you don't know what the wires do at the ECU?

I will tell you that when I have run into cars with a dead check engine light its usually always an ECU power issue. That would seem to be confirmed by the no spark condition as well.

devin.mc.barrett

Dec 26, 2017
US
Umm. You said you were getting power to everything in the ECU. How do you conclude that if you don't know what the wires do at the ECU?

I will tell you that when I have run into cars with a dead check engine light its usually always an ECU power issue. That would seem to be confirmed by the no spark condition as well.
Am I going I need a new ecu the?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk