Changing climate control colors?

s!ke

JDM Tyte Yo!
Jun 17, 2006
San Jose, California
Well, I have seen different colored lights for the climate control buttons, Is this just a wiring issue? or what do I need to do to change them to any color I want?

Also, will this work for 87 climate controls or only 89+? Either way, I have have one from each year.

I am sorry if I didn't post this in the right section.

Please move for me if I did.

suprabad

Coitus Non Circum
Jul 12, 2005
Down Like A Clown Charley Brown
You have to pull out the climate controll and change out all the leds. Lots of guys do it. I've fixed the original leds on mine (by fixed I mean resoldered the connections to the circuit board.

As far as pre 89, I dunno cause I replaced my climate control with a later model control box

whudafux

Formerly dcrusupra
Jan 5, 2006
Cullowhee, NC
www.myspace.com
Jayson (Idealsupra) did a damn good job on my climate control. Charged me $150 including the new 89+ unit.

The number display works too but it wasn't on.

p655768_1.jpg

A bit blurry but u get the idea...
p655768_2.jpg

It's very visible during the day...
p655768_3.jpg

supraman0320

Banned - IN JAIL FOR STEALING FROM A MEMBER!
May 8, 2007
Antioch, Ca
ok, so i just need to take a look at all the LEDs and change them out. Are they just basic bulbs? Can I just get them at kragen, auto zone or radio shack?

thanks guys

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
They're T1 (3mm) LEDs. Kragen and Auto Zone won't have them. They're straight LEDs which you'll need to solder in. The display is a little more involved... try searching "climate control display".

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
GeneStarWindGSW said:
Do those T1 (3mm) LEDs work for anything in the car that needs lighting like the dash/climate control, etc.

Nope. The gauges use bulbs (sizes 194 and 72??), the accessory switches and hazard switch use a combination of bulbs and LEDs, The ignition key light uses a bulb and the driver's side door key ring uses a 12v LED.

GeneStarWindGSW said:
Also my super monitor doesn't work lol. wish it did v_v

Is it plugged in?

theKnifeArtist

Fire on High!
Apr 6, 2006
North Jersey
yeah i was gonna do my 89+ climate control. i wanted blue. i'm not gonna change the digital display, i dont feel like going through the trouble. so all i have to do with take it apart...desolder the old lights and solder in the new LEDs? is it that easy?