CEL staying on before starting motor

KicknAsphlt

Occasional Peruser
Hey guys, need a bit of help here -- I finally wrapped things up with the car (aside from putting coolant in), and hooked the ECU back up tonight. When I hooked the battery up and turned the key on, the CEL stays lit; I jumpered E1 and TE1 and it's just flashing constantly, so I'm guessing there are no codes. My question is, before I attempt starting this car, is what could possibly be wrong here...I'm guessing this isn't normal. Harness looks ok, had to repair a couple of wires from my SAFC splice...everything was working when I pulled the motor 3-1/2yrs ago, and aside from ditching the fuel pressure VSV, I'm sure everything is hooked up that's supposed to be. Any ideas where to start? I did a search on here and Google and can't seem to find a related issue, other than guys that have had the CEL come on right as they hook the battery up without the key in the ignition. Any assistance would be really appreciated, thanks.

Cliffs:

- Hooked up battery after plugging ECU back in
- Turned ignition to 'on' position, CEL comes on and stays on

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
Nick M;1830096 said:
The light is on because the ECU is powered without a pick up signal. That is normal. Nothing to do with the alternator.

You're right, got that confused with my other vehicle.