CAUTION:

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
High horsepower, turbocharged, rear-wheel drive vehicles with Limited Slip Differentials on wet roads may be hazardous to your health.

All in all, I got lucky. No body damage, limited mechanical damage. The wheels and the left rear wheel hub took the brunt of it. The right front tire broke its bead, but I re-seated it. We'll see if it holds any pressure.

646529_188_full.jpg

646529_189_full.jpg

646529_190_full.jpg

646529_191_full.jpg

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
4am driving home in the rain after ferrying drunk friends home. I was in the middle of a turn and hit some leaves, I guess. The diff locked and the turbo spooled. Car swapped ends before I could react and hit the curb hard on the right side. Curb rash real bad on the right tires, breaking the bead on the right front. The curb hit the inside of the left rear so hard, it broke the camber bar free of the hub.

I managed to get it into a parking lot and changed the front tire (remember, it's pouring rain) and go to pull out. Car just stops. Call a tow truck. 4 hour wait!?!?!? F-that. I have to be at work in 4 hours. So I managed to get her rolling again and didn't stop until I was home. She shook, shimmied and made horrible, tear-jerking noises, but got me home. I think I rolled through 3 red lights. If she would've stopped, I prob wouldn't have made it home.

So....I have a new shock on the way and the local yard has a Sup I can pull the hub off of. Hopefully she'll be back up and running next week.

s383mmber1

Oct 31, 2005
Somers New York
Sorry to hear about that! Could have been worse!

I had an accident similar to this. I posted it awhile ago.

Same type of thing, wet road, turn, leaves and the car jsut whipped around soooo fast.

Glad you and the supe arn't to hurt!

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
The only thing that's hurting on me is my head from all the steam coming out of my ears.

I'll be posting burnout pics when she's back up :)

racingtoyota007

Sep 16, 2006
Georgia
LMAO ^^^^
Only thing thats ever happened to me that did damage was a wheel poping off going 100+mph on the track lmao.

I wish i had some pics of that some where, i think my dad has it recorded i was coming down a stretch and Old rusty Hubs > me lol.

Last edited:

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
In VA they only were authorized to use them in certain test areas (Near DC and down near Norfolk) and they recently decided to get rid of them all together. Even then it wasn't a moving violation, just a fine. I would've taken the hit if it meant getting home.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
So a local kid was going to give me - yes, GIVE ME - the hub off of one of his parts cars. I offered to pay him since I couldn't come over before monday as my work schedule prohibited it. What was special about monday? said parts car was getting hauled away. Well, he contacted me last night and said that he picked up a double at work tomorrow and wouldn't make special arrangements to let me take the part off. He then said that he never guaranteed me the part...........'it depended on my work schedule'.

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
There are always 2 sides to the story so let me defend myself. On friday when i saw you i said i had a parts car that was getting towed off monday morning BUT i would have to let you know on Saturday if i could get the part or not. If i was 100% sure i could get it for you i would have told you friday that you would have it on a certain date but i was not 100% sure and that was the reason why i said i would LET YOU KNOW on Saturday. also the last time i checked there was a difference between i will let you know and i will have the part for you by whenever. I work all day on saturday and then during work found out that i would now be working all day on Sunday so i let you know about it after i got off work after midnight. You then go off on how i was just fucking with you and trying to screw you over. Why the fuck would i do this just to fuck you over? Just the other day some random guy came up to me looking for the center console thing and i just gave it to him free. im not the type of person to screw anyone over. Things come up in life and in this situation i have to work all day on sunday so do you expect me to just not go to work so i can get the part for you and get fired? Last time i checked you dont pay for my bills. This is the reason why i said i would have to let you know instead of saying you would have the part by a certain date. Since you said i pissed you off so much i even offered to go and get the part from the local junkyard but you said it was not necessary. im sorry that things happened this way but some things are out of your control. if you feel the need to talk bad about me go right on ahead.

Last edited:

suprajjang

Supra Enthusiast
Mar 30, 2005
VA
Jeff Lange said:
Lollerskates, he didn't even say who it was, and nobody would have known if you didn't post about it. Regardless, I hope you get the car fixed, good luck.
:rofl: :rofl: yea i know he didnt say who it was but it still bugged me about what and how this went down so i felt the need to post but i have said all i have needed to say.

Squid699

Manic Mechanic
Mar 30, 2005
Chesapeake, VA
Ended up bending my trailing arm too, but A1 hooked me up with a decent price on a replacement. One of my rear tires has a pretty significant leak too, so that's going to need to be replaced immediately. The others will be replaced as time and money allow.

Got the hub on and a stock trailing arm as a place holder to get it aligned. Shock should be here tomorrow and she should be on the road. Pics will ensue soon after.

L

lanky189

don't lie squid..you were breaking out the ole siman dorifto moves.