CAT for California

bsupra

Oct 1, 2006
California
Non of the websites I found sell California legal bolt in cats.... I found bolt-on ones but they dont sell to california... Called driftmotion, aaron said they dont sell nor install CATS... I called Jose from Kaizen, he said he can install it but he told me I have to order it which is not possible...

The only legal CAT i saw was a magnaflow bolt-on but its only for an N/A which is 2.25 inlet and outlet...

Any ideas? Thanks

I also called BIC and they said they only have 2.25 also.. Non for turbos that are legal..

bsupra

Oct 1, 2006
California
OK... I found a muffler shop in murrieta.... Magnaflow legal CA CAT installed for $180, what a relief.... Thanks for the help guys....

VegaSupra

May 3, 2011
SoCal
I won't assume that you don't know this already, but you can pass CA smog very easily with no cat in place. I had a HKS DP to test pipe to HKS catback and a blow off valve on my 91T. Passed smog with flying colors. Twice.

bsupra

Oct 1, 2006
California
VegaSupra;1745348 said:
I won't assume that you don't know this already, but you can pass CA smog very easily with no cat in place. I had a HKS DP to test pipe to HKS catback and a blow off valve on my 91T. Passed smog with flying colors. Twice.

I know it can pass.... Here is how i found out....

BEFORE

p1745387_1.jpg

AFTER

p1745387_2.jpg

I just replaced O2 sesor to fix... But my CAT sounds like there is broken glass inside and it feels like its clogged. Plus... I have a friend that got fined $5000 for not having a CAT so i dont wanna take the risk.... Judge brought it down to $500 but still its $500.

bsupra

Oct 1, 2006
California
dubsupra209;1745389 said:
5k? where was this at?

sounds pretty ridiculous..but hey thats how it is in are great state

I know right... It happend my friends 92 integra got pulled over in coronado just because of being too low on ground clearance... Just imagine getting caught without CAT with todays new emmsion rules in CA... Not to mention CA is needing money...