Cardone manufactured MAF?

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I'm doing the afm/550 mod rather soon if I can get the injectors. My brother works in the auto industry and gets massive discounts for parts from advanced and I've noticed cardone makes these afms.

Here it is on the advanced site http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...ensor-maf-remanufactured-74-60023/20705191-P#. The part number is for the 1uz but they also make one for the sc300. Do you think I could try this or should stick with an original? Depends on his discount but a local junkyard says they have the sensor for 75 not sure if it's just the sensor or the whole assembly though.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
I know that is the one for the sc400. But ignore this anyways because they want 500 for it even with an auction house discount.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
Emeraldage;2021548 said:
Here it is on the advanced site http://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/...ensor-maf-remanufactured-74-60023/20705191-P#. The part number is for the 1uz but they also make one for the sc300.

Fuji makes the sensor for Toyota, and it is not a low dollar item. It is very high end considering the time frame. Then again, it wasn't even the best available, as hot wire mass airflow sensors from Hitachi was back then. Remanufactured in what way? Calling it a MAF when it is not makes me suspicious. Like calling the engine a V-6 or saying you want coilovers.

The picture is low resolution right where it needs to be high resolution. That also is a concern of mine. And they took the picture upside down.

Emeraldage

Oct 13, 2011
Ohio
Well when I went to the store and they asked for 550$ or so for it Iw as like, okay I'll just go to the junkyard then..

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I would take my chances here at a lower cost. Of course if you find an LS400 that had been wrapped around a tree, they might let you take the AFM home at a decent cost.