car won't start

white2j89

Jan 13, 2007
ny
One night i was driven (car runnin fine) i go 2 step in it , the car got up n went , then it shut off, had 2 get a jump start, started up fine,went 2 go pull off car stared actin up i stopped revved out n it revved sumwhat fine but as i go put aload on it it drives like shit if i go ova 15hundred it just acts like it just wants 2 die so i call a tow truck 2 get her home so the next day i try 2 go start her she wont she'll crank but wont start

suprashy

Jun 21, 2005
Nassau County, NY
If it is your CPS, sometimes, just by fidgeting with the CPS wires, she'll start up. Then you know that's the problem. You can try that first. Just a suggestion. Good luck!

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Dude - please write complete sentences, using complete words...you're not using text messaging. That is if you want help from some of the "old heads" here.

BoostedToys

BoostNut
Nov 5, 2007
Louisville
I am a little unclear as to why you needed a jump start. Was it not turning over? did the battery go weak from trying? Did it fire as soon as you jumped it?

CPS sounds like a possibility. Could also be fuel starvation. Pop your plugs and see what story they have to tell.

white2j89

Jan 13, 2007
ny
its wasn't turing ova asoon i got the jump it started dose anybody where i can find a rebuild kit 4 the cps i pulled mines off (the rubber on the wires where cracked sum rubber was missin wires where a funny color green n the cps had a litte bit of oil n there

Sonic

Sep 24, 2007
Calgary
yeah my car will not start either, changed and rewired cps, re grounded the coils, , seems to be that im not getting spark so its giving me a head ache also found minor oil on the plugs kind of a light coating,
any suggestions

Sonic

Sep 24, 2007
Calgary
did the same and it still wont start , what the correct color code ie which wire color to which color, i did it exactly how it was on the connector