car wont start

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
I just installed a used jdm motor and it wont even turn over. I have power to every thing but it just wont turn over. I checked to see if all the ground wires were attached which i think they are and the starter is hooked up. I know that if the starter was bad it still would make a clicking noise but it dosent even do that. Im clueless to where i might start, any info of ideas what could be the reason would be great.

Thanks
Drew

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Have you tried resetting the factory alarm? Close all the doors and hood, lock the door with the key, wait a few seconds and the "Security" light on the dash should light up, now unlock with the key.

carter

"The Ninja"
Nov 1, 2005
Ohio
www.myspace.com
If i was you, and you think it might be the alarm, unhook the battery it should reset the alarm then try it again. If it still doesn't start, re check your grounds and make sure you have the brown/red wire hooked up to the starter.

Also did you get a compression test with the motor? and if not and you didn't pull it from a running car yourself. I'd deff do a compression test if it turns over.

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Well I tried to do the security thing and I checked all the grounds (block, both the the transmisson, ecu ground and the head to the body). If there are any im missing then that could be it. The starter has the power wire hooked up and the female conector that plugs into it are all hooked up but still nothing, and the company that I bought the engine from did a compression test and it has great compression across the board, so im still lost is to way i wont even crank. ive searched for similar problems on the forums and they all said the same thing with the grounding issues but. So I still dont know why it wont do anything.

Drew

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Here are some pics of all the ground wires that I know of. Im not sure if some of them are in the right spot.Ii know where the head ground goes but the others Im not too sure about.

Attachments

• DSC01247.JPG
    DSC01247.JPG
    39.2 KB · Views: 13
  • DSC01241.JPG
    DSC01241.JPG
    143.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01239.JPG
    DSC01239.JPG
    126.3 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01240.JPG
    DSC01240.JPG
    146.4 KB · Views: 12
  • DSC01238.JPG
    DSC01238.JPG
    137.1 KB · Views: 9

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
dont know but thought it would help. im desprate right now ive been so patient to get this car running i take my time as to not rush and screw things up. i know its been a while but this is driving me insane as to why it wont do anthing

jetjock

creepy-ass cracka
Jul 11, 2005
Redacted per Title 18 USC Section 798
If you think ungrounded coil packs will prevent cranking then being driven insane makes for a short trip. The starting circuit is simple enough. My suggestion would be to break out a meter or at least check the clutch/NSS...

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
either give the little wire on the starter + power, or figure out why your vehicle is not doing that itself.

pretty simple

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Well i just checked the continuity of the NSS and its done for but still wouldn't it start with out it plugged because my friend has it disconnected in his MKII and it starts just fine

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
i know but it was worth a shot and i ment to say the CSS not the NSS and alot of the fuses were all melted and what not so im off to the store to buy some right now

drewsh666

feeling it
Feb 12, 2008
jackson CA
Was just lookin at TSRM and there isn't a NSS on manual cars its a backup lite switch, and i think that its either going to be the fact that some of the fuse were messed up or the security issue but i have to wait tell wensday to figure that out as i start my new job at 6:30 AM but owell 11 bucks an hour is better than the min job that i was just working at. Thanks for the advice.

Drew

PS I also found out that the previous owner wired up a power set up for a radar detector that way i dont have to use the cigarette lighter.