Car won’t start with video.

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Hey guys. I did the head gasket not too long ago, all went well. Now literally minutes before the problem started, represented by the video as an example, it was on, idling for 20 min Perfectly. I mean idle, temperature, mechanically she was fine, or appeared to be. No symptoms at all, no odd noises, no blue/black smoke, clean rps when revved everything as supposed to be. I then turned the car off, went in the house for perhaps 5 minutes, came back out, started her up one more time and then what you see in the video happened.

I thought perhaps it may be the starter as mine was showing symptoms previous of going out, so I replaced it, still not working, and battery is good.

I just don’t understand how it can go form 20 min of smooth healthy idle, and 5 min later this, with nothing touched on the car?
Any help is appreciated.

Thanks…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4KOohS8nck

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Ok I checked the belt, it does feel to have some play in it, but im not sure if its enough for it to slip. IF this is not the case, any other theories / possibilities?

CzA

Jan 15, 2007
Toronto
Anyone? It was running so well then out of nowhere this happens, i'd hate to think this motor is a write off.

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
CzA;1775939 said:
Ok I checked the belt, it does feel to have some play in it, but im not sure if its enough for it to slip. IF this is not the case, any other theories / possibilities?

stop getting ahead of yourself. Make sure your cams and dampener are lined up correctly for proper timing.

radiod

Supramania Contributor
Dec 13, 2007
Abbotsford, BC
Yeah, check cams and crank to make sure all the matchmarks line up at 0* and TDC. Chances are the timing belt has skipped. It's a non interference engine, so you don't have to worry about bent valves if the crank and cams were off in timing. Follow the steps here and get back to us...

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=EM&P=29

IF that doesn't solve the problem, do a compression test and find out what cylinders you're losing it on.