car wont start, ignition 1990 turbo

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
I have spark on the coil that is on the far left(driver side) , the other 2 doesnt have spark, but if you change the harness around. it fires. coil pack harness is brand new and it has voltage. coil pack resistance and contuinity is good. I think is the cps. The cps resistance is 225 and acording to the book it suppose to be max 180. depending on the year it has diffrent resistenceon the cps. Im all so considering the igniter since it has spark on one coil only. what you guys think. I just dont want to buy extra stuff.

Last edited:

cjsupra90

previously chris90na-t
Jun 11, 2005
Lakeland, FL
Nope, I doubt its the CPS.. problem in the CPS wouldn't give you fire on one coil and not the other two... It would have to be either the ECU, the ignitor or the wiring somewhere..

Have you pulled codes?

If not, do so first and formost and let us know what you get..

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
cjsupra90;1243018 said:
Nope, I doubt its the CPS.. problem in the CPS wouldn't give you fire on one coil and not the other two... It would have to be either the ECU, the ignitor or the wiring somewhere..

Have you pulled codes?

If not, do so first and formost and let us know what you get..

the only code i got is #22 oxygen sensor

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
I have check most of the ecu wiring and so far the only thing that i have found is THW and E-2 the voltage should be .1 to 1 volts with the coolant temp @ 80 Celcius according to the service manual, the actual volt is was 4.95 V, but since the car doesnt run the reading the reading would be off

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
hvyman;1246579 said:
have you swapped coils?
not yet but I did the ohms check and it pass according to the service manual, and their is another thing when I swap the harness plug around to another coil (lets say I swap the harness from the coil that is closer to the batt to the one on the center) the one on the center will fire and the other one will not fire and vice versa.