car wont start, fuel problems

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
Try jumping +B and FP in the diagnostic block with the key ON and I am not hearing the fuel pump and the fuel regulator is disconected so their is no fuel flowing, I checked the main relay and the EFI fuse is good and I got voltage.
I have changed the engine harness and the main harnes. Lights, horn, flashers, ignition, etc works. I need youre help please, I have searched , but I just need youre opinion before I buy the fuel pump. The car was sitting in a garage for 4 years. I dont want to waste money to buy the fuel pump and its something else, next Sat. I am leaving to korea for a year. thank you.

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
Do you have voltage at the pump harness connector above the tank with +B and FP jumped, key on?

jdub

Official SM Expert: Motor Oil, Lubricants & Fil
SM Expert
Feb 10, 2006
Valley of the Sun
There is an access panel (3 screws) to the right of the spare tire...you should be able to get to the FP connector there. Don't confuse with the fuel level/quantity sender harness. The FP power wire is black with a red stripe in the '89 TEWD.

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
jdub;1242301 said:
There is an access panel (3 screws) to the right of the spare tire...you should be able to get to the FP connector there. Don't confuse with the fuel level/quantity sender harness. The FP power wire is black with a red stripe in the '89 TEWD.
I got poor lighting. just to make sure is the one that has a 2 prong. . if it is I got power on the conector, so its the fuel pump. I will cont. tomorrow. I really appreciate youre help. thanks

supra srt

Jul 14, 2008
bossier
supra srt;1242323 said:
I got poor lighting. just to make sure is the one that has a 2 prong. . if it is I got power on the conector, so its the fuel pump. I will cont. tomorrow. I really appreciate youre help. thanks

I bought the a new fuel pump and know the fuel pump is working. Know I got spark issue only fireing half coil pack. I got anothe tread going for the spark issue