Car won't start after swap

Apr 4, 2005
Milwaukee
www.cardomain.com
I just conpleted a na-t swap and now it wont start. All i hear is a clicking from by the ECU when I turn the key. I tryed connecting a wire directly from where the plug goes into the starter to the battery and the starter clicks like it is trying to go but gets stuck. The battery is brand new and the starter is off of my old ge engine that started up fine everytime. Where else should I look for the problem?

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If you are switching power when you turn the key, and the battery load tests ok, then the main cable has high resistance or the starter is bad. If the cable is only slightly loose on the starter, it will only click also.

sathu

Apr 20, 2005
SJ, CA
I have the same problem right now after taking the engine out and rebuilt it. Now it won't turn over, just click click... The starter got a lots of hammer smacking marks on it from before lol. What I did was did a button to manually turn the starter when it started having that problem and it work good and now it's acting up again.

squrillbait

Jun 5, 2005
wichita, ks
when i did my swap i had a similar problem, i used and auto wiring harness and i forgot about the safety nutral switch, all i did was short the wires and it starts like a dream................some times:)