Car wont idle... when its raining

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
Ok my car has done this for a while and it is very annoying. when it has rained outside my supra will not idle worth shit. It will fluctuate up and down and eventually die out as well as have shitty throttle response. but after a little bit of driving it is fine!!??!!??

currently my car has another problem of a hard start when it is cold (not only the outside temp but the engine too. colder=longer crank time for it to start) and even harder when it is cold + raining.(this morning i cranked it for atleast 15 seconds until it sputtered with a low idle then a couple seconds after idled normall.).

In the rain today when it would not idle fine my check engine light came on with a code 31, which i have seen once or twice but after a reset it doesnt come back for a while. any help fixing this would be great. thanks

black91turbo

Formerly black87turbo
Apr 27, 2006
Jacksonville, FL
Its time for a new AFM most likely as 31 is the AFM signal code. I would see if you can borrows someone elses just to try it out when your car is cold. That is where I would start.

3.0 GT

2JZ Holset Mafia
Nov 30, 2008
Franklin, Tn
black91turbo;1466666 said:
Its time for a new AFM most likely as 31 is the AFM signal code. I would see if you can borrows someone elses just to try it out when your car is cold. That is where I would start.
i do have another afm sensor i could try out from my bros supra.
turboguy327;1466697 said:
or plug wires. at night spray them with water and you will quickly find out. or just replace them. they arent super expensive.
makes since as water could be shorting them out until it heats up to evaporate off and idle fine, thats what i could think of it as being the wires buy how could the water get in there?
CajunKenny;1466710 said:
Get a TRD Umbrella!
hahaha