Car struggles to keep idle

skim1040

work in progress
Any more symptoms? A little more information in your posts could help solve the problem alot quicker

Try searching around for your symptoms too...chances are it's been covered a time or two before.

Related to your problem, check your codes, check your IC pipes. Make sure all the clamps are tight, and no leaks.

boostinsupra

Aug 29, 2009
NY
only code we got is the 02 sensor code, can that be it aswell. Also what about the throttle cable, iacv help guys car keep shutting off. And today i drove the car and as i pulled into the driveway i pressed the brakes and the pedal went all the way down to the floor and popped back up am like wtf so took it for a drive up the block. as i reverse the brakes feel funny is their better stopping power for the mk3 what going on why? do mkiv calipers fit or ls400 ones????

skim1040

work in progress
boostinsupra;1423811 said:
the pedal went all the way down to the floor and popped back up am like wtf so took it for a drive up the block.

Bad idea. Bleed the brake system before you drive it anywhere...please

Second, the o2 sensor could affect the way things idle for sure. If it's throwing a code, something's obviously wrong...

FloTex

Crankin since the 1900s
Aug 13, 2008
Tallahassee, Florida
The brake pedal to the floor is the brake system (master cylinder, wheel cylinders or hoses). You should bleed the system, look for leaks, and replace faulty components. You won't necessarily see leaks if there are problems (internal seal leaks in the bad cylinder). If there are leaks they definitely show a problem at that location.

The stock brakes are fairly decent, especially for just normal driving and stopping. Get the system up to par and it will stop well. If you are going to do lots of performance mods you could upgrade, but it isn't needed until then.

krazy300z

Oct 10, 2009
Lenoir City
I had something similar to this happen to me and my Z, check your Engine Control Fuse. Thats what was wrong with mine. It ran fan but as soon as you pushed in the clutch the car would either die or idle at around 500. Just a possibility.

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Would Code 52 Cause Bad Idle, That Is What I Have. What About A Too Big Of A Clearance On The Shims? I Hear A Tap When Revving My Engine. I Probably Missed A Shim That Was Out Of Spec When I Did The Other Because The Noise Is A Lot Less Now.