Car not starting, no fuel or spark

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
The car ran and started ok this morning, i drove it roughly 15 miles to have my brother help me with a few noises. After playing with the CPS,tps, and re-timing the car we decided to take it for a drive. Not after 50 feet the car just shut down, after rolling to a stop we started checking things. There is no power to the fuel pump, and there is no spark.(the pump is a walbro so its obvious when its not on). The fuel pump has the direct 12v mod done. The EFI fuse in the bay is good, along with the ECU-IGN fuse in the kick panel. The starter is working fine and cranking normally.We reset and played with both the TPS and CPS to try to get it to start. Nothing. Any help is welcome. Thank you.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
First thing on my list to check, anything else that may cause it? Would the anti-theft cut both spark and fuel?

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
Ok so then if the cps does the fuel pump, would it also control spark? As Im not getting either of them. I'm leaning towards the ECU, as the CEL doesn't come on when I turn the key.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
haha yes, the ECU ground is fine, i just checked it. The CPS,TPS, and coil are all getting no power when the key is ON. Where does the ECU draw its power from? The ECU-IGN fuse is fine.

ask92

That guy.
Nov 17, 2008
Rocklin, CA
ok well i know the EFI relay has no power. If the CPS has a bad connection would it cause the ECU to not have power?
Heres the diagram, but im not clear on what exactly it shows lol.
IG_004.gif

FI_109.gif