car just keep boosting till it hits fuel cut. no boost mods

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
Ok when I get on it it just keeps goin up on the stock gauge and then it just like looses everything I checked the waste gate with air it opened and closed good. What could be the problem please and thank you. P.s. my mods I do have are filter stage 2 crower cams. Full three inch exhaust. Cam gears. Aem wide band. and walbro fuel pump.

Last edited:

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
I thought the afm did the fuel cut which would mean it realy pulling that much air in. Or will the boost gauge under manifold cause that

barkz

Sep 14, 2010
Afghanistan
i meant is your gauge just pinning itself even though you are really at stockish boost. i would invest in an aftermarket boost gauge

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
Well I have one in the car just I gotta get a little fitting to hook it up lol I m doin that tomorrow. But it feels faster for sure and I don't thinks its fuel cut but maybe more like sputterinf when I shift gears. And pulling hard when its not sputtering it just like looses power for a sec and then it gets strong again but only happens between gears

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
Vented to atmospher. Yes. Premium yes. Afr good. Except rich on full throttle but kinda normal I think not to rich just like twelve or eleven on the gauge. And its allways been vented to atmospher never anyproblems. I believe I need to tune the cams more. But that still doesn't solve the over boosting.

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
i put seven psi of air to the waste gate today from my aircompressor and it worked just fine checke the hose it looked good to. the discharge hose off the turbo is split but i fixed it by cuting the split part off bc it wasnt but maybe a half inch. and that made it gofrom fuel cut to just kinda sputtering once when i shift. but i'm soon goin to have a front mount and all pipes. so that will all be fixed but other than that it pulls super hard, just the sputtering and the stock boost gauge pegging out is making me mad. ill mess with it more tomorrow though. any more ideas or seen this before. i just replaced all my vacuum hoses not to long ago well all the bad ones

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
Well its hitting ten pounds and when I shift it goes straight to ten then hits fuel cut and come back up and then will just keep hitting fuel cut and ill have to let off but if im just driving and floor it it will go to ten pounds and run smooth so I believe I got a small boost leak or something clogging the line to the waste gate or something

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
whats if theres a leak right where the ic pipe hooks to the turbo. ig it was right there wouldnt it be close enough to the waste gate to work like a boost controller

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Have you checked your codes? An improperly set TPS sensor can cause this when it is giving wrong readings in correlation to what it should be saying according to the AFM.

You should check codes, check for boost leaks, check the wastegate line to the compressor housing and what is your A/F ratio under boost?

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
At full throttle it stays at around 12.5 on afr and ten pounds of boost. And it never gives me a problem until I shift realy hard or get on it in a low gear and it trys to boost to much. Evertime it does the fuel cut thing it pull code 34 which I was told it means its hitting fuel cut and I gotta rewire my knock sensors but that code stays off it just comes on randomly do to wiring

IndigoMKII

May 9, 2011
Madison, Virginia
I'd pressurize the IC piping and check for leaks. Block off the TB with a cap and pressurize it from the turbo intake just to make sure you have NO leaks. I'm also sure someone will correct me on this but isn't 12.5 a little lean on the stock system?

supraking16

Sep 27, 2009
georgia
Actualy I belie in second driving and first it will hit eleven on the afr but like on the highway and im just driving and I hit it it will only go to maybe. 12 12.5