Car is Bogging and having trouble!

SupraManiac

Sep 17, 2005
P.A. Texas
my car is Bogging everytime i rev up on it...when it sits it boggs once every second. I get alot of pressure from the heater hose and not loosing any coolant. Looked at my oil and no sign of mixture of water and oil for a BHG. I think when one of my heater hose busted it got water into the spark plugs and wires and foud them out. Do ya think its the spark plug wires are bad? i changed the spark plugs but it still does the same. IF anyone knows this problem PLEASE LMK before i start taking apart my head !!!!!!

Tony

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
SupraManiac said:
my car is Bogging everytime i rev up on it...when it sits it boggs once every second. I get alot of pressure from the heater hose and not loosing any coolant. Looked at my oil and no sign of mixture of water and oil for a BHG. I think when one of my heater hose busted it got water into the spark plugs and wires and foud them out. Do ya think its the spark plug wires are bad? i changed the spark plugs but it still does the same. IF anyone knows this problem PLEASE LMK before i start taking apart my head !!!!!!

Tony
check for a boost leak and also check what you said..but if you also got water in there you may need to wait for it to all evaporate

SupraManiac

Sep 17, 2005
P.A. Texas
robbo185 said:
check for a boost leak and also check what you said..but if you also got water in there you may need to wait for it to all evaporate

real stupid question, but what hoses can i check for a boost leak....

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
SupraManiac said:
real stupid question, but what hoses can i check for a boost leak....
vaccuum lines and ic pipes, accordian hose...etc...anything pretty much that is rubber and that can crack

*edit...or check your connections between ic pipes...make sure all connections are secure..

SupraManiac

Sep 17, 2005
P.A. Texas
robbo185 said:
vaccuum lines and ic pipes, accordian hose...etc...anything pretty much that is rubber and that can crack

*edit...or check your connections between ic pipes...make sure all connections are secure..

if there is a boost leak anywhere...wouldnt it cause it to idle wierd and maybe cause it to cut off?

92turbo4life

Banned
Sep 12, 2005
wherever
not with mine
i tightened all my ic pipes
and my accordian hose was messed up
fixed all that car idles the same but i pulled 7 instead of 5 but now open dp runs 11:)

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
robbo185 said:

i had a bad stuttering problem just today. i removed my IC hoses to check for cracks and seeing they were good to go i reinstalled them. now the car seems to run fine, although i am not getting anywhere near to 11 lbs of boost, only 7.

robbo185

Apr 6, 2005
Chicago
SupraManiac said:
if there is a boost leak anywhere...wouldnt it cause it to idle wierd and maybe cause it to cut off?

it could do both since air read from the afm is being lost somewhere....someone correct me if im wrong

i would check all ic pipe connects and look for cracks in your ic pipes and accordian pipe

fatboy

White Kid
Apr 5, 2005
Seatown
members.cardomain.com
you should try cleaning out the spark plug valley with compressed air. That is the only way you can really get all the water outta there.. that is, if there is still some in there. otherwise, like they're saying you might have a boost leak somewhere. maybe even might want to check the TPS (throttle position sensor). A while ago mine went bad and it would idle really screwy all the time. good luck man

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
fatboy said:
you should try cleaning out the spark plug valley with compressed air. That is the only way you can really get all the water outta there.. that is, if there is still some in there. otherwise, like they're saying you might have a boost leak somewhere. maybe even might want to check the TPS (throttle position sensor). A while ago mine went bad and it would idle really screwy all the time. good luck man

That was the road I was going up, but I pressure wash mine when I first got it and it ran like a$$ until I took it all apart and blew all the water out with compressed air. But he said he changed the plugs, but if the wires have water in them, there is no way for the water to escape in any reasonable time frame from evaporation, ask me how I know.

Just my .02

Wayne

SupraManiac

Sep 17, 2005
P.A. Texas
3rdtimearound said:
That was the road I was going up, but I pressure wash mine when I first got it and it ran like a$$ until I took it all apart and blew all the water out with compressed air. But he said he changed the plugs, but if the wires have water in them, there is no way for the water to escape in any reasonable time frame from evaporation, ask me how I know.

Just my .02

Wayne

so it might be water still there.....because there was coolant everywhere when the hose busted...and you live in houston? im from port arthur...90 miles away from ya

SPD TRP

Formerly 3rdtimearound
Apr 12, 2005
Katy Texas
Yeah, I am in Houston, Katy really. Might take a couple wires of at the plugs and see if you see any moisture in them.

Wayne