Car Covers

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
this seems like a really stupid question as i sit here writing. i cant think of anything negitive but here goes....has any had or can anyone think of a reason that putting a car cover on for the rest of winter would be bad? i guess my concern is corrsion.

do you think a cover has the potential to trap unwanted water...i knows this sounds stupid considering i am covering it so it doesnt get snowed on all winter....but i dont want any susprises come spring time. thank you in advance.

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Any reputable car cover company will offer a line of covers designed to keep moisture out, yet also let condensation that builds on the surface of the vehicle evaporate through. I once had a covercraft cover on a accord of mine for 14 months and it harshed through the elements just fine. The paint was not damaged in any way. However, I left the car sit in a field, so there were spider sacks in many of the cover's crevices, which actually ate into, and in some parts, through the cover. Not to mention I had a family of mice living in the interior. Covercraft replaced the cover with a new one tho, but I wouldn't have left the original for another year. The cover was nearly $300 to boot!

I say if you get a good quality name cover and park your vehicle on gravel or concreate you shoud be just fine. However, if your leaving your vehicle outside in the elements and just throw a tarp or plastic over your vehicle, then your just asking for problems.

Apr 10, 2008
South East USA
Rent a garage man it is so worth it for the peace of mind. I stored a car for the cold winter with a car cover and mice in the vents etc..... Seems like shit rusts faster outside too. You come back and it isn't as nice. I wouldn't do it again.

tbcmorris

SM Expert Thread Derailer
Mar 14, 2007
PRUVEN PERFORMANCE MILFORD CT
wherever i park it thees gonna be a risk of vermin invasion so im taking the measures to prevent that. its the moisture im worried about. its definitely i nice caver not 300 bucks though!