Car accident causing exhaust to smoke.

proto_mkiii

Aug 14, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
So I got into an accident two days ago. An elderly lady came full speed from the median across two lanes and slammed my car and pushed me into the plastic pole barricades. As soon as I stopped a I saw a huge puff of smoke that I first assumed was brake smoke utill I realized it continued as I tried to pull off the road. Then smoke started pouring through my AC vents. I shut off the car and popped the hood as my first thought was the radiator was busted but I didn't see the smoke from there. I looked around the turbo and noticed oil around the oil lines and what looked like a crack.

The question now is...
What could have caused the smoke? If the smoke that came through my vents was from the ruptured oil line, would that cause my exhaust to smoke? Also has anyone had similar experiences?

peste noire

Jan 11, 2012
los angeles,CA
well if you got oil in the exhaust thats gonna cause it to smoke, regarless if it was inside or outside exhaust pipping. as for the ac one i wouldnt really be able to answer that one. does still smoke from the vents or did it stop??

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
You prob. had it on Fresh air. pulling the smoke into the vents. And it prob. was the oil on the hot exhaust. or its possibly the exhaust is now leaking under the hood and into the car.

proto_mkiii

Aug 14, 2009
Ft. Lauderdale, FL, USA
Yea, it ran normal for the most part and never got hot. The oil pressure did start to get low when i was stopped at lights, but would get back to normal once i started to drive. I made sure not to get into boost since I saw the cracked oil line. I was hit in the driver side fender.