cant hold on to boost

rawmk3

Jul 5, 2008
IL
You can build a boost. Leak tester for a few bux with things you find at any home depot, menards. Or. Place. Like. That. You. Will need a rubber coupler that. Fits the. Inlet. Of your turbo (measure to figure. That out). You. Will need a pvc pipe end and a fitting to. Connect. To. An air source and an air. Compressor. 2 clamps to hold the. Coupler to the. Plug and the turbo. You drill and tap the. Cap and. Put. The fitting into. It, and then you can attach your air source. Start low. With. Air. Pressure and. Work. Up. In. Pressure. You will. Hear a. Leak. But. Use soapy water in a spray bottle to see. Bubbles where. The leak may be. You can. See what. A. Boost. Leak tester looks like. On ebay. They sell. Em. For. Like 15 dollars, but u can make one cheaper....

Sent from my T-Mobile G2 using Tapatalk 2

alright so I did a quick recon so I might have a general idea of what to do on Wednesday. What I found are a loose clamp, easy enough to fix. A rubber hose that isn't connected to anything, I'll jack up my car and figure out where that hose is suppose to go. All of what I found should be easy enough for me to fix with my limited knowledge. The only thing I'm wondering about is if the inter cooler is suppose to have a noise coming from it. I kind of like a sucking noise.

-Edit- From what I've been reading I could have a bad boot, is there anything else that could be it that I should check on? - Edit-