Can't find replacement o2 sensor for 1jz??

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
So I'm not able to use the stock o2 sensor on the down pipe I have for the single turbo. It is the 16mm screw in type, and every parts store I go to is not able to help me find what I need.
Can some one tell me were I can get one or what I need to ask for. Thanks so much!!!!!
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1347181529.967755.jpg

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
stock 2jzgte or late model 7m from what ive read (for the connectors). you also need to buy a "toyota adaptor flange" available at napa or carquest in their exhaust books. i can get you a part number later today~ they average about 7$ with tax

pay an exhaust shop to weld it in for 5$ or so.. they will get rid of the other bung as well.

there are universal replacements that will thread in but more difficult to find generally unless a parts store lists a universal one for a 7m or 2j (i havent seen it yet, especially twin turbo 2j) and you'd have to splice it in, which is never fun ;)

i have seen these bungs online as well (bicperformance.com) for about 25$ (much higher quality over the 7$ one)

looking for the weld in bung is cheaper and easier than an o2 to work with what you have

Last edited:

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
just go to napa.. and get a 89 mustange 5.o its a 3 wire o2.. and works just fine for 1j.. i think their 40 dollars

and like tlo86 says.. weld in a new bung will save you a lot of money over buying the 120- 150 $ toyota unit.. u will have to change the plug to your 1j plug

just keep the old one capped off till you need it for something like a 2nd wb or egt sensor.

SupraMedical68

Formerly medic91x
Feb 26, 2007
Nashville/Clarksville
I bought a replacement Denso 02 sensor from Rock Auto and just had a bung welded on. The top one houses my wide band sensor. Also best to get rid of the two lower bungs because they're useless where they're placed.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
SupraMedical68;1873348 said:
I bought a replacement Denso 02 sensor from Rock Auto and just had a bung welded on. The top one houses my wide band sensor. Also best to get rid of the two lower bungs because they're useless where they're placed.

wideband should be around 16'' away from turbo for longevity purposes

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Sorry been at work all day:/ thanks for all the responses and help!!
It is the DM down pipe and is 18mm sorry:/ and yes those bottom two spots are useless:( I have an innavate WB and an EGT sensor to hook up as well, so I will have to have other ones welded down 16" safely away from the turbo.

I will see if I have an extra o2 from the 7m's
Don't have any 7m ones, I'll go Check the parts store and see what I can find:)

Tomorrow it is going to a guys custom shop that I'm tattooing, to redo my exhaust so there is no need for test pipe and done with all v-clamps and no need for gasket's at all😁 I'll post up some pics when it's done in a few days:)

Last edited:

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Ok great!! I didn't have time to hook it up today, I had to load the supra on the trailer and take it down to Finish Line to complete everything there:) I'll post back here as soon I a hook it up in the next day or two. And thanks for the quick responses and great help!!!

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
mk3tattoos;1873689 said:
Ok great!! I didn't have time to hook it up today, I had to load the supra on the trailer and take it down to Finish Line to complete everything there:) I'll post back here as soon I a hook it up in the next day or two. And thanks for the quick responses and great help!!!
i just ealised your in washington.. only 1 hour 45 mn away from me

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Oh that's cool, you will have to come to one of are meets in Tacoma:) we have some here in Bremerton too, but not many:/ or if you want a tattoo you can come get some ink:) look up Gary Graves tattoos.

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
mk3tattoos;1873943 said:
Oh that's cool, you will have to come to one of are meets in Tacoma:) we have some here in Bremerton too, but not many:/ or if you want a tattoo you can come get some ink:) look up Gary Graves tattoos.
Are youj going to the toymods meet in ocean shores this weekend? Ill be their saterday

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
Wired up the 5.0 sensor and it did not work:/ any other ideas? I think I'm just going to weld the stock one back in some how! I waited two months to get my car back and then I find out this

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
mk3tattoos;1887120 said:
Wired up the 5.0 sensor and it did not work:/ any other ideas? I think I'm just going to weld the stock one back in some how! I waited two months to get my car back and then I find out this
what?? i have been running a 89 stang 5o sensor for 8 months now. and has worked from day 1. maybe their is somethng else wrong

525gte

Sep 19, 2011
hoquiam
mk3tattoos;1873515 said:
Is the two white wires for the heater and ground, and the black one is the sensor? View attachment 60792
white wires are heater.. blk wire is not ground.. its o2 signal. sorry i did not catch this sooner
And did you clear the fault codes in the ecu.. it will store o2 codes.

Also. If the car is super rich or lean.. it will trigger a o2 code. What's the afr

Last edited:

mk3tattoos

Apr 12, 2008
Bremerton, Wa
AF is rich off the chart. I just reversed colors, cause the 1j had two blacks one white and the 5.0 had two whites one black:/ I never reset the ecu either, so I will have to do that:) thanks for responding so quick!!!