Canadian 1990 supra_tail light and illumination problem always on.

G_Péji

Mar 9, 2022
Hello all,

Need help from electrical guy there. I need to find / understand the electrical diagram on the tsrm. I want to find the relay for the tail light and illumination as i am working my ass to solve my problem. As soon as I turn the ignition on and the engine start, all my cluster light, illumination, tail light, side marker and licence light turn on and I can’t turn them off.

I already tried unplugging all my Python alarm system guessing it would cause the problem but it is not.

So I am thinking of a bad relay or the light detection sensor going bad.

. I need to confirm with a stock canadian mk3 owner, when you turn the ignition ON and start the engine, does ALL the illumination light goes one? So the side marker front and rear, tail light, license light, interior HVAC, radio and cluster goes all ON ? Somebody told me it was part from the DRL modification toyota did in a 1990+

Thank you for your help to solve this problem once for good.

G_Péji

Mar 9, 2022
Yesterday was a big day. I found how to bypass this Toyota add on. Toyota added a wire from the alternator to feed constant power as soon as the engine runs. There is a yellow / green wire that goes directly to the integration relay. I cut it, and grounded the integration side and it work flawlessly

Now it’s time for fog light mod. I don’t have the same color wire as the right up everywhere