Can I run a radiator from an 89-90 Cressida safely in my supra?

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
As the title says, I was wondering if it would be ok for me to run a radiator out of an 89-90 cressida with a 7M safely in my 7mgte swapped supra with basic mods (exhaust, intercooler, 9psi). I. Called my local parts store to check and see if the radiators from both cars had the same part numbers and they did not. I thought I'd ask you guys on the forum to be sure. Thanks in advance.
-Chris

sogi99

Jan 2, 2008
Elk Grove, CA
xXSupramanXx;1359458 said:
As the title says, I was wondering if it would be ok for me to run a radiator out of an 89-90 cressida with a 7M safely in my 7mgte swapped supra with basic mods (exhaust, intercooler, 9psi). I. Called my local parts store to check and see if the radiators from both cars had the same part numbers and they did not. I thought I'd ask you guys on the forum to be sure. Thanks in advance.
-Chris

no the mounting for the bottom they are not the same but the size and width are the same. I test fitted one of those at the junkyard and found they don't mount the same on the bottom.

xXSupramanXx

Drifter
Mar 12, 2008
Dayton
sogi99;1359505 said:
no the mounting for the bottom they are not the same but the size and width are the same. I test fitted one of those at the junkyard and found they don't mount the same on the bottom.

Oh ok thanks for the info. I saw a cressida at a junkyard and was in need of a rad so I figured I'd pick it up, but now I know better.

rayall01

Oct 10, 2008
Westfield, ma
xXSupramanXx;1359650 said:
Oh ok thanks for the info. I saw a cressida at a junkyard and was in need of a rad so I figured I'd pick it up, but now I know better.

Better off going with a new radiator anyway, No matter how good a used one looks on the outside, it could be trash on the inside.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
And I don't think they are the same size.
I had one of each sitting next to each other in the garage for 6 months,
and one was taller than the other by a good inch.