can i remove oil pan w/ engine in car?

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
yes, check out the online TSRM through this site. might have to drop the front subframe, don't know for shure, tranny wont get in the way.

MKIIIChucky

Sep 9, 2005
south jerzy
go to the section thats like general tune-up , im pretty sure that there somthing in there on it , im pretty sure its by the oilpan section

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
to remove the oil pan with the motor in the car you have to lower the front suspension cross member. it is detailed in the TSRM.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
I posted this in a thread a week or so ago.

You can pull the pan off with the motor still in the car, I just finished doing this. The way I did it was this way. Unbolt the motor mounts, unbolt the subframe, undo the oil pan and jack the motor up, or use a engine hoist (I didn't have mine, so I just used the jack)

Then just slide the pan out. You may need to have someone push the subframe down if you leave the struts and everything attached to it. That is what I had to do to get enough clearance for the pan to slide out. Then just reverse the steps, and you have it all back together. Shouldn't take more than a couple hours to do.

There is some other stuff you have to unbolt, but once you are under the car you can see what needs to be removed to get the pan out. Good luck, it's not that hard to do with the motor in the car.